Jump to content

Car Advice (Turbo, engine swap, etc)


Recommended Posts

Posted

Wassup guys,

I was wondering, I alawys loved tuned imports. I always wanted to get a job and save all my money on a turbo kit, but the thing is..... I haev a 2005 honda accord... Like who would want to turbo that? Nobody... But quick question, is there a way you can make them faster? Not technically FAST like 300hp FWD (LOL), but I mean would you be able to get around 200-250 out of it.

The only reason I'm EVEN considering this, is beacuse 1) Honda's are the type of cars you can tune and still get good MPG, 2) Hell of alot aftermarket parts for Hondas, 3) I already have the fucking car. Lol.

I wanted to save my money up and buy a project car (300zx, Mr2, Is300) but I can't afford any of them right now, and even if I could, I wouldnt be able to afford the kits and CAI or any of that after I purchase the car. So in the end, my car has 80,000 miles. I plan to keep it until 130-150,000 -- and at that number, no one will buy the car for a good price -- .

So Instead, would it be stupid to keep my car as is, get a CAI, maybe some headers, new exhaust instead of those dumbasses who cut them (no offensive if you did/do, just all the people i know who do it are retarded), and yeah. and then at 120-140,000 miles, I get a 3.2 TSX 6spd Engine and do an engine swap with the 2.4L 5spd currently in it. Then buy a turbo kit for the TSX engine. Or with all the money I'm going to be spending, should I just save it and make the accord the economy car and another car the project car.

OVERALL QUSETION OF THIS LONG ASS FUCKING ESSAY:
Would I waste money doing this or if I'm not, will I get results (Stock: 160-165 // Goal: 200-210HP - 2.4L VTEC 5 Spd (Current Engine) and (Stock: 270 // Goal: 320-350 - 3.2 TSX 6 Spd ) >> After I reach 120,000 miles on the dash

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

keep the accord as a daily and save up for something that you can make fast easily; V8s, stock turboed cars. If you want to put a turbo, supercharger, or even nitrous on a motor that didn't come with any of those things they won't hold up to them, you'd need to rebuild the entire engine (pistons, rod, valves, etc) to be able to take that kind of abuse

Posted

If you want fast then you dont want to make it your daily driver. When it breaks youll be without a car I jntil you can find the parts to fix it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

Your Accord is not worth messing with.

You can have someone turbo the 2.4 you've got, but that would be dumb IMO.

Also, do some research to figure out what others have done.

Honda has a huge forum community with endless information available at the click of a mouse.

Also CAI won't work with aftermarket turbos, nor will headers.

Do more research.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

Posted

Built daily's aren't a good idea... LS1 f-body Camaro/Firebird. Cheap and readily available.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

I get yall. The only reason I EVEN thought about doing anything with the honda is cause its manual and I already have it, might as well make do with what I have. But if I'm going to be wasting money in the long run, then forget it.

I really want a car I cant put a k20a2 in or a k24 in. Those engines are nasty. + If you have a civic or a mr2, not much weight and they get fast. I want to find an older 300ZX Stock TT, but they all have high miles with high prices.

What about a S2K?

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

And for a V8, I rather have a V6 and turbo it instead of a V8 guzzling lots of my gas. And imports > muscle for me right now. Unless its an old school iroc, Monte Carlo SS, or 70's mustangs / camaros. But other then that, I perfer 90's Mr2, 90's 300ZX, 00-05 IS300, MAYBE S2K even though expensive, Integra Type R (has to be type r), ETC. You guys get the point.

On the other note: did you guys hear the skyline R34 that Paul Walker drove in Fast n Furious is going for like $1.4B

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. oh.. wait.. naw.. that wasnt weird..

He probably tearin dat ass up every night. Reason for "insomnia" Ain't sleeping cause he's like a horny hamster on coke.

2000 grand prix gtp: SOLD My Home Theater Build (working progress) 2002 accord coupe

subs: 2 soundqubed hds300 12s 4'1" towers tuned to 29hz sub: AQ hdc3 12

Amp: pioneer gm9061 amp: poineer gm9601

headunit: kenwood kdc 255u mids: SQ pro mids

midbass: polk db 8s highs: stock

mids/highs: shitty off brand

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 2217 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...