Sonic Electronix

From time to time I forget to turn down my head unit when a song is over and it goes on to the next one with my gear still full tilt. I have nothing big and gains set with a DD-1, just wondering if that hurts your gear in any way to do that.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

i dont have a answer, but id like to hear there replies. I've heard that its bad. but i think its fine. if your gain is correct and your not getting any noise(sub thump.when your track changes you turn on your system) any kind of unwanted noise. your gain is correct everything should be fine. remember most songs dont start off full load. think.about what your sub is going threw in a song, jumping from 2 to 24volts back to 0 up 30 again.I'm going off speaker terminal volts. i highly doubt the down time from track to track is any way as bad! unless your subs pop or thump when the track changes. if your are getting that you have a bigger problem then changing tracks. hope this Helps

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

As long as your sub can handle the freq the next song is playing with out bottoming out out making and other weird/bad noise I wouldn't worry about jr. the power a sub sees on music changes so much that the little down time between sings doesn't matter, that and a lot of sings don't have bass lines constant in them and it wouldn't make sense to turn it down every time there is a pause in the bass line.

I do make sure to turn it down before turning the car off though. It sucks when you just wake up turn on the car and find a 30hz bomb waiting for you at full tilt. Scared myself doing that one day, not to mention pissed of a few neighbors. Most likely not all that good for the speakers to go from not being powered for so long and then full tilt on roughly 300watts over rms in a split second.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Only time i worry, is when im in a zone, and my deck is auto shuffling. (which isnt often)

Deck goes from my "demo" file to my COMP file. I have tones there, all at 0db.

if i was full, a 0db 22hz track may prove no beuno on the subs. Id think theyd be OK, but,... i dunno. :shrug:

Its happened before, but, the deck was at 1/5th vol or so..... no harm

Ok thanks guys. Never had any bad sounds come from doing this, my deck is always on auto shuffle, but I don't compete so no gnarly test tones or 25 hz slowed songs at all. I definitely always turn it down before I turn my vehicle off, those am surprises suck balls!

hate it when competing, I'll pause the tone during the run....forget to turn it down or switch folders and when I get back in to demo or something un pause for a full tilt 36hz tone lol

won't hurt anything

I've done that twice. Lol. ...

Haha, I was in my buddies truck and he wanted to use my flash drive. His HU shuffled all my folders including tones. It was quiet enough that we still could have a conversation over the music. Then all of a sudden 10hz started playing. No hpf either lol. Those strokers didn't like that too much

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Haha, I was in my buddies truck and he wanted to use my flash drive. His HU shuffled all my folders including tones. It was quiet enough that we still could have a conversation over the music. Then all of a sudden 10hz started playing. No hpf either lol. Those strokers didn't like that too much

Lol it's always a rude awakening when that happens.

Archived