Alpine ERE G180: why are they worth so much?

You got one of those too huh?

I have no idea tho, Ive seen units with the bottom side of the metal having surface rust going on ebay with bids exceeding over 200$.
I want to sell mine since I dont use it no more really, think I even may still have the box. But how the price keeps jumping and jumping!

I tracked down a mint G320 a while ago on eBay and it was PRICEY but it brought back some great high school memories so I had to get it since I couldn't back then.

Always wanted one...I'm guessing there's a big market of people like that.

All the quality old school gear I see on eBay goes for a lot.

An Alpine 7909......... :droolcup:

One day..........one day.....

;)

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

I kinda wish alpine kept with their old style of headunits, like the cda-9833, cda-9835, cda-7875, cda-7893, cda-7998 and even the 1.5din cda-d855 ( alot of people still half that size dash opening)

Just add a usb or ipod to them and great units.

I know you can get the ainet cables to goto a box which gives you usb, but they are slow, and no longer made either...

But damn alpines use to look so cool, 4volt preouts that actually meant 5+volt preouts, motorized face plates.. Just so much cool things going on with them, even the multi color key illumination not just 3 or 4 color selections now, spectrum analyzers on the deck..

Now it feels like alpine will be dropping down to that clarion level somewhat soon. :(

Those older EQ's are bulletproof. I had a huge collection of 180's 190's 320's and the 510's along with a shit ton of other older alpine gear that help put food on the table when I was out of work a few years back.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

^^^^ Exactly...

Alpine wont even pay for the BurrBrown dac name no more....

Granted Im sure whatever dac they are using is just as good, but it use to mean something more when you bought something name brand.

Good news is I found my ere-g180 box and it still had the styrofoam in it to house the unit, no manual tho..

Think im gonna sell it :D

Archived