how do I wire direct leads

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

IMO put ring terminals on them, bolt through your box, and wire accordingly

This is what I did with mine. I used 4 gauge ring terminals and put a aluminum bolt with copper washers through the box. Then ring terminals on the speaker wires coming from the amp.

2001 Chevy Blazer LS

Kenwood KDC-HD552U

2 12" SDC 2.5 D4 Fi SP4 18" 4 Sundown SA-12's

HiFonics BE 1200.1 Soundstream RUB1.2500D Looking for a 5k

XS Power D3100

4 Soundqubed 6.5's (Pro Audio)

2 Soundqubed 3-Way 6.5's

2 Soundqubed Super Tweeters

use lugs. pics would help me understand what your trying to say from what ive read your trying to understand how to take the direct leads from the sub to the amp,

how i did it was crimped lugs onto the direct leads all 4 if its a duel coil. then wire it up as normal at your terminal in your enclosure. in my case i used a bolt for my + and - threw the box with a wing nut. bolt goes threw the lugs off the dfrect leads threw the box. then the wing nut holds the other lug from the + or - on the amp

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

how many subs and also whats the ohms of the the subs but here a pic what other do here a pic I did with 2 dual 4ohm to 1ohm final imagine the gray is the back of the box

1502523_624466897616604_596685250_n.jpg

02 dodge ram 1500 reg cab 3rd gen

2 sundown sd-2 d4

soundstream rub1.2500 amp

all sky high car audio-fuse,fuse holder,wire,ring lugs and rca

flex tech

box design by Joe X

supension-mcgaughys 2in drop spindal ,western chassis 6in flip kit,buddy custom c-notch

04 5.7l hemi motor swap and made it an slt eletric everthing

youtube channel-http://www.youtube.c...43?feature=mhee

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/190882-02-dodge-ram-1500-3rd-gen/

Im just trying to connect the wires togethe..... since they are 8 guage its to thick to twist together. I didnt want to drill to box didnt think it would reach the the back. Didn't want to just electric tape it up. SO I was gonna soider them together or use the wire nuts and heat shrink. I just want the best options quick fast easy.

Ur talking about going from direct leads to amp with out doing terminals on the box cause ur leads sent long enough. " that's why I made mine 2.5' ea " id go with heat shrink and soldering them. You cab twist then together strieght just cut them don't twist them and push each end into each other then twist I'll post pics of what im talking about when I get off work. This is a really clean way to solder and its how my dad showed me when we did my first cd player

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Ok.. I got some big wire nuts connected the 3 8 guage positive and did the same with negative to wire down to 1 ohm. I then dripped some soider in the nut to secure the connection then I checked the connection with a multimeter and its reading 3.8ish ohms. I just want to connect it right and not blow nothing up

what coils are you using and how many subs? im confused as to if its a d2 single sub or a pair of d4 taking pics would help alot and ima eat my borito then take pics of what i was talking about.

and idk them by name but are wire buts the things you twist on to 2 wires to secure them? if so ive also used those when i reverce mounted my sub. that will work but theres always a chance of them coming undone.

Archived