LT.Smoke Posted December 27, 2013 Report Posted December 27, 2013 http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2013/12/26/conrad_barrett_charged_in_hate_crime_charged_in_knockout_game_assault_in.html For the sake of being PC this is fucked up... Thats all I am gonna say. It doesnt make s DAMN bit of sense ** Used diff link since other one was fb Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
CstrokerV Posted December 27, 2013 Report Posted December 27, 2013 Never mind dont want to start an argument there are a few sensitive people on here my build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/142505-small-build-log-4-dc-lvl3-10s-tl-update-link-to-rebuild/ http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/154258-rebuild-6-lvl3-12s-update-small-video-nothing-spectacular/ new build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188181-03-trailblazer-slow-build-8-dc-lvl3-12-m1-motor-m2-parts/
TeamHT Posted December 27, 2013 Report Posted December 27, 2013 It probably has to be because of the racial slur, and I am happy that perps are getting SERIOUS offenses for their stupidity but to automatically go racism because it was white on black is just stupid. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
shanesauce Posted December 27, 2013 Report Posted December 27, 2013 Yet the other people who did it to a different race and got cuaght isnt a hate crime? If they are going to charge one with a hate crime all of the ones who got caught should be charged with the same thing... It is because this was one of the first major cases of a white aggressor and a black victim. Notice how the media eats this up because "racism" is practically endorsed, like Jesse Jackson's comments on Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty and his beliefs in the bible. Who in the fuck cares if Jesse Jackson doesn't like him? But the media eats the shit up. What about the shit storm that ensued when that woman from Fox said something about santa claus being white? It is sickening that I know my kids will grow up in a world where it is okay to talk about that and endorse it. - 2012 Mustang 3.7 Manual - Audio under construction
TeamHT Posted December 27, 2013 Report Posted December 27, 2013 I'm sad our country still endorses Santa. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
LT.Smoke Posted December 27, 2013 Author Report Posted December 27, 2013 Yet the other people who did it to a different race and got cuaght isnt a hate crime? If they are going to charge one with a hate crime all of the ones who got caught should be charged with the same thing...It is because this was one of the first major cases of a white aggressor and a black victim. Notice how the media eats this up because "racism" is practically endorsed, like Jesse Jackson's comments on Phil Robertson from Duck Dynasty and his beliefs in the bible. Who in the fuck cares if Jesse Jackson doesn't like him? But the media eats the shit up. What about the shit storm that ensued when that woman from Fox said something about santa claus being white? It is sickening that I know my kids will grow up in a world where it is okay to talk about that and endorse it. Regardless of the color race ethnicity of the perpetrator the biggest issue is how can this 1 incident be hate crime when several other incidents of this nature have happened??? As far as I know all of them have been inter racial acts meanining black on white white on black etc... There is no consistency in punishment for this shit... Call me crazy but i think these should ALL be charged as Aggravated Malicious wounding charge... 10-25 mandatory NO parole or early release Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
LT.Smoke Posted December 27, 2013 Author Report Posted December 27, 2013 I mean this shit is no joke... Its not about knocking someone the F out that i see it as ... Honestly I see it as attempted murder because what happens when someone gets knocked out and splits their skull wide open on the ground from being out cold... Shit is dangerous and stupid as fuck Team MaxRetribution Si Vis Pacem Parabellum Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6 Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌
bbeljefe Posted December 27, 2013 Report Posted December 27, 2013 I have a serious problem with the whole notion of separating crimes into "crime" or "hate crime". It makes no difference... if I attack you because you're black and I'm white, it's a violation of your property. If I attack you because you have an ice cream sandwich, it's a violation of your property. In either case, I am the aggressor and you are the victim. I harmed you and risked your life. I'm guilty of a crime and frankly, the motivations for any crime have their roots in some sort of hate whether it be hate of the victim or hate of one's self. And in either case a violation of another person's property has occured. I wonder if this victim's jaw would hurt any less had the attacker not been a racist? Would the hospital bills be less expensive? Rehabilitation time shorter? If this elderly man ends up dying from this injury, which is highly likely given his advanced age, would his family grieve any less? And the irony is that "hate" crimes exist only because there are people who hate racists. Think about that for a moment... Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
WastedTalent Posted December 27, 2013 Report Posted December 27, 2013 It probably has to be because of the racial slur, and I am happy that perps are getting SERIOUS offenses for their stupidity but to automatically go racism because it was white on black is just stupid. x2. I'd say it's because of the slur. If it was just something like "I knocked this guy out, look at it!" it'd be just a normal assault or whatever they classify it all as. But because racism is still a thing, and he says the racial slur... yep, hate crime. Sheena = pedobear
Rockford96 Posted December 27, 2013 Report Posted December 27, 2013 I wonder if this victim's jaw would hurt any less had the attacker not been a racist? Would the hospital bills be less expensive? Rehabilitation time shorter? If this elderly man ends up dying from this injury, which is highly likely given his advanced age, would his family grieve any less? And the irony is that "hate" crimes exist only because there are people who hate racists. Think about that for a moment... I agree with everything you said.. but this last part I really agree My setup, Digital Designs M80 3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz Kenwood x-696 SHCA 0 gauge Polk audio coax running off hu
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.