Sonic Electronix

Questions to teach about "Sysyems"

first show him this thread! so he can see how many people Know he screwed his shit up, and.how many people weren't impressed by his gain being all the way up!

by 19 i already had 20+ installs under my belt and was installing systems in my dads car. some people just want, some people appreciate!

but to add to your teach me list, when i was his age i wish someone taught me 2 things i didn't understand till much later. 1. what rms actually stands for and 2. what ohms really are, and how they effect the Amp And sub. explain how the sub can see a 30ohm Load at some points. i always thought if i ran a amp at 2ohms that's what it was always getting.

also explain that for every +3dbs of bass boost your asking the Amp to double its power.

Hope were helping! i know Its been said but show what the gain does! turn the gain all the way down and show him that it's still loud! thenall the way up And show him how the subs are maxing out at very low volume! don't just tell him stuff he will lose interest fast! show him, it will.keep his attention

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

If you want him to learn the what voltage, amperage, resistance, and what not is, you could have him research how it relates to a water hose.

Like voltage is the water pressure, amperage is how much water comes out of the hose, and resistance can be anything like a kink in the hose, or a part in the hose where the diameter is smaller.

And if you can find other analogies like that, it would probably help a lot if he doesn't have any kind of background in this stuff.

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

i find car analogies help allot when i try and explain audio to people

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I agree with many others in here, showing/giving examples while explaining the concepts will go further than just lecturing. Analogies and relating it to something simplistic will help too. It's easy to get overwhelmed with everything especially the terminology in the beginning.

Plus if he has a better understanding of what everything is doing and the time that goes into making the finished product, then I think he'd have more respect/appreciation for it. Not too mention you may create a basshead in the process.

The old saying "give a man a fish, he can eat for a day, teach a man how to fish, he can eat for a lifetime"

Wow!, I just finished the first 5 video's of the D-Amore free education link. I especially like the explanation on clipping. I honestly did not know the math behind it, only a suspected theory about it. I was right! Clipping is an un-useful/un-beneficial power surge that destroys subs.

I'm going to have to watch the video's again to fully understand it.

Thanks. I think he will enjoy it since he has done some electrical wire "stringing" in some newly built homes this past summer with a friend of his that is in construction.

-Frank

I am only 17 years old and I am trying to soak up all knowledge possible on the subject of car audio. Whenever I first started I just believed every little thing, but as soon as I found this place and people began explaining stuff I wanted to learn so much more. I have now built countless "systems" and enclosures for others. Maybe if you introduce him to a little knowledge behind it all he will embrace it like I have done...

...or maybe he won't.

I am only 17 years old and I am trying to soak up all knowledge possible on the subject of car audio. Whenever I first started I just believed every little thing, but as soon as I found this place and people began explaining stuff I wanted to learn so much more. I have now built countless "systems" and enclosures for others. Maybe if you introduce him to a little knowledge behind it all he will embrace it like I have done...

...or maybe he won't.

Where by chance do you live in Arkansas?

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Archived