Second Skin Audio

Why the all the huge ports?

MrBigs63'

That's interesting. I have an 18 cube box with ~255in² of port for two 15s. It's tuned to 29Hz and the port is 9.5' long. Of course, there is no box, really... so the port is actually what's 18 cubes. It moves a lot of wind and it hits the lows very well too.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Sixty inches per cube may be ridiculous but port area and box volume have nothing to do with one another. Port area is derived from excursion and tuning frequency. Therefore, if you need 60in² of port, you need it whether it's a 2 cube box or a 5 cube box.

Sorry about that. Based off some research on here, I thought that port area should be adjusted for box size. I also thought that tuning was strictly based on port length.

That's interesting. I have an 18 cube box with ~255in² of port for two 15s. It's tuned to 29Hz and the port is 9.5' long. Of course, there is no box, really... so the port is actually what's 18 cubes. It moves a lot of wind and it hits the lows very well too.

Mines for six 15"s

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Mine's a t-line. And for 6 15s it would be 54 cubes and would have 765in² of port. But it would still only be 9.5' long.

So not an apple to apple comparison, lol. But transmission lines and horns are testimony to the fact that you don't have to pressure up the back of a driver's cone in order to create a lot of sound pressure. Nor do you need a vent that's 25-30% the size of the piston. At least, not as a rule of thumb.

I like T Lines...they're ok...but always take up so much space. I prefer an ABC style e closure over a t line

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I like T Lines...they're ok...but always take up so much space. I prefer an ABC style e closure over a t line

That's another good alignment and I actually modeled one before I did the build in my truck but surprisingly, it was harder to fit a dcbr in the space I have than it was the line.

Probably because of my obsession with port area, lol.

Interesting read, thanks all. Tuned in for future info

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Free Air FTMFW!

That's another good alignment and I actually modeled one before I did the build in my truck but surprisingly, it was harder to fit a dcbr in the space I have than it was the line.

Probably because of my obsession with port area, lol.

What is an ABC style enclosure?

Free Air FTMFW!

Dude..

Not offence at all. But is that shirt moving? Shit, drop both windows at least with that shit

again, maybe im seeing somthing else.

Also, i bet your port area is twice as much as mine.....

Teach me??? again, no offence

Archived