Joe X Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 If I fire my box towards trunk the port will be almost 2" from trunk lid. I think. Would that cause a issue?? You should seek to post your whole project not just a little piece of context-less information. Ports without proper clearance may tune lower than calculated and lose output, if the port is seriously choked the box may start to behave as a leaky sealed.
n8ball2013 Posted January 1, 2014 Report Posted January 1, 2014 Steve has said a few times that his box and port sre not optimal and could be hurting him because of his build but it was the only way to make it work THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Kyblack76 Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 Naw, i ment nothing but, "throw rules of thumbs out at times" By my statement. I also was swinging on a cock, for the fact, that, i also, do not run the 400000 inches of port "rule of thumb" i see on here. In fact, i hold my specs because of this. 2 things with your statement. First - Sometimes you do what you have to do, and hope she pans out. Second- Pretty apperent, hurt or not, he did JUST fine. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
soundstream15 Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 I can post pics I'll give some info tho. 02 grand am SE Box is 4.5cu feet tuned to 32hz with flared areoport 6" it sticks out of box 3.5" box is 20" D 16"h 34"w
Afficionado Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 I can post pics I'll give some info tho. 02 grand am SE Box is 4.5cu feet tuned to 32hz with flared areoport 6" it sticks out of box 3.5" box is 20" D 16"h 34"w I drive an 02 grand am and had a Sundown Z v.3 12" in a 3.5 cu box with a slot port. My performance was relatively unaffected by my port being 2-3" from the lid, in fact, it may have even been better than further away. If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.
soundstream15 Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 Oh well that's good man, I can measure and see how far away it will be that way I'm not assuming. It's sealed off but louder when trunk is open, not by much. Just on higher bass like above 43hz. And it's a pain in the ass to try to seal everything blah blah lol
mnrookie Posted January 2, 2014 Report Posted January 2, 2014 Mine meters better closer to the hatch, but sounds louder when its further.
soundstream15 Posted January 2, 2014 Author Report Posted January 2, 2014 I measured and it would be 3" from trunk lid. So better then I thought
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.