Run Mids/Highs off mono amps?

Nishinga

why?

Mono amps are not the amps of choice for mid/hi

And running 8 per side, you think you can wire 8 to a impedance the amp will play?

Yep you sure can.

Cool .. Now, lose about a third of playalbe band with a mono D.

Also, you think that is cool ? LOL..

That wiring? LOL.

Good on ya son.

Eat it up.

Once again, i should have said, do what you want.

Cuz im going to. GFY

why?

Mono amps are not the amps of choice for mid/hi

And running 8 per side, you think you can wire 8 to a impedance the amp will play?

Yep you sure can.

Cool .. Now, lose about a third of playalbe band with a mono D.

Also, you think that is cool ? LOL..

That wiring? LOL.

Good on ya son.

Eat it up.

Once again, i should have said, do what you want.

Cuz im going to. GFY

I never said it was a good idea. I would never use a mono amp for mids and highs but that doesn't mean you can't. As far as it sounding good who knows what sounds good to one person doesn't to another. Wiring 8 speakers is hardly something I would call difficult. Also we are all entitled to our own opinion no need to be be an e-thug when someone doesn't share yours.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

So my question is, instead of using multiple 2 channel amps to power all my mids and highs, can I take just my left channel RCA and run that to a mono amp (using a female rca to 2 male rcas or something) and run my left side off that and do the same on the right side?

BTW. Looking to put 8 crescendo 8's per side (doors/kicks/console) there rated 200w rms per thats why im looking for that much power.

Will it work ?? Yes, If you shell out for a pair of BIG Class D Full range amplifiers ...

Worth the trouble of spending the big bucks ??? No ...

My suggestion would be to buy Class A/B 2 channel amplifiers and have great left and right spearation, and enough "Power Supply" power to handle the load of that many drivers ...

Doing it your way would be the same as hooking up 20 computers to one house outlet ... too much for out outlet to handle ...

Trust me ... 4 class A/B amplifiers powering 16 drivers is better than a pair of High Current amplifiers powering 16 drivers anyday ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived