The Automotive Picture Post

Let me guess the guides are plastic?

They sure are lol. The 07 and 08 S4s had updated guides from the RS4, and it seems like it's not an issue with them. I'll be using those guides for mine as well, so I should be good to go for quite a while once it's done.

Sucks man, but sounds like you got it before severe damage. What are you driving in the meantime?

We got my wife that B6 Avant 3.0 quattro and I've convinced her to do the 2.7T swap. 3.0 has a timing area oil leak and if we pull the whole front end of the car apart I'd rather do something more worthwhile. Searching for an AllRoad or A6 to pull a motor/computer out of and go through before sticking it in. Will probably do some paint work first and just keep putting a quart of oil in it every 2k miles or so until we're ready.

Yeah, I'm glad I was smart enough to stop driving it hahaha. One of the perks of living at home is that my parents let me use their Suburban when I need to for whatever reason. I put an SA-8 in it a couple months back, so it's really not too bad lol. I was thinking about a 2.7tt swap, but I really think I'd miss having the V8. It's heavy and it's hard to make power with, but that noise it makes is just sooooo good! If I had more time/money to put into it right now, I think I would've put more thought into a 2.7tt with K04s. I guess I just need to get a B5 S4 and then I won't have to compromise!

Here's how she sounds with the current exhaust setup. Just a Fast Intentions 2.5 resonated cat back with an X Pipe:

I'm most likely gonna be gutting my rear cats before it goes back together. Won't make a huge difference, but if it makes it a bit louder/raspier, I'll be happy.

Time for an oil change?

Amongst other things, yes haha

2002 Dodge Dakota 4.7 club cab - Sold 2004 Audi S4 Avant

- Fi and Crescendo - Stock Bose System

- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147725-2002-dodge-dakota-end-of-the-road/?hl=%202002%20%20dakota

136.4 Sealed @ 29hz

137.0 Drivers window open @ 26hz

They sure are lol. The 07 and 08 S4s had updated guides from the RS4, and it seems like it's not an issue with them. I'll be using those guides for mine as well, so I should be good to go for quite a while once

Same thing on the Toyota 22re, shit rattles when it wears out

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Just paid to have this shipped from Kansas City to Columbus. 2016 IS200t, 9K miles. The time is near....time to buy intake/exhaust.

14264868_10154150916349272_166607941159914317410_10154150916699272_6780830196270

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

They sure are lol. The 07 and 08 S4s had updated guides from the RS4, and it seems like it's not an issue with them. I'll be using those guides for mine as well, so I should be good to go for quite a while once it's done.

Sucks man, but sounds like you got it before severe damage. What are you driving in the meantime?

We got my wife that B6 Avant 3.0 quattro and I've convinced her to do the 2.7T swap. 3.0 has a timing area oil leak and if we pull the whole front end of the car apart I'd rather do something more worthwhile. Searching for an AllRoad or A6 to pull a motor/computer out of and go through before sticking it in. Will probably do some paint work first and just keep putting a quart of oil in it every 2k miles or so until we're ready.

I really think I'd miss having the V8. It's heavy and it's hard to make power with, but that noise it makes is just sooooo good! If I had more time/money to put into it right now, I think I would've put more thought into a 2.7tt with K04s. I guess I just need to get a B5 S4 and then I won't have to compromise!

Here's how she sounds with the current exhaust setup. Just a Fast Intentions 2.5 resonated cat back with an X Pipe:

Fully on board with the V8 for sound and torque. Biggest reason for me to go to 2.7T instead of 4.2 is ease of swap with my current 3.0. One OEM heater pipe needs to be purchased and I'll have to make mounts for the intercoolers, otherwise it's a straight bolt in. Same wiring harness even, just plug in the new ECM.

Static drops are my bag.

American muscle with import rims. That iroc pic belongs in the fail pic post thread

Edit: auto correct fail

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Archived