Sundown Audio

Stetsom Amps

jmsonoma03

Well the good thing is your asking the right questions, and that's a start but like you said in the pass that you were reading on termpro too find anything bad about these amps and you found none! You have found competitors and GroundPounders using them and tested them that don't get paid to do this shit, just to teach everyone(educate), the thing i find interesting is that the people hear that talk bad about the amp has not said anything on termpro and express there feelings there.. Why?

Is it because they are too afraid to be discredited on that forum, There has been so many tests about Stetsoms and and not once i read somewhere that it was BS or they can't do that # because of how small things are.

As for having 2 amps in 1 body, that has been done back in the day for years, why is so hard to believe that it works, maybe you should not think of this amp as a so called American amp that has two smaller amps in one case. This is Qoute from DBTbrown that tested Stetsom

Most amps in the U.S use series when you strap two amps. The stetsom do paralleled. Instead of connecting a positive of one amp to the negative of the other amp and then using the open positive from one amp and the open negative from the other amp to the speakers, you connect one negative of one amp to the negative of the other amp and then do the same for the positive of each amp. And then connect a positive and a negative terminal from either amp to the speakers. Hope that makes sense. And that is why the impedance is doubled for the Stetsoms.

Don't you think that these amps would be slammed too the F#%ing wall if they were junk? or had problems? This topic is mute,

Bill if you really want to learn more about any amps the best thing would be to go to TERMPRO, people are not going to bullshit you there or get there feelings hurt and talk bad about amps that are kicking ass.

I don't Rep for Stetsom too make money!!! wierd i know, i already have a career that makes me well over 100K i don't need too Rep to make ends meat, i do it because i was so sick and tired of me buying amps that was suppose to have big #'s and not blow up, and i finally found one amp that will do it "STETSOM" I do this to help all the newbies and others that are going to spend there hard earned money, i was that guy!!, why do you think i quit for about 2 years and now i'm back and happy as all hell, know with that said do you thing i would put my name on the line too sell some amp that does not work and have everyone come too me at the shows and bitch about them, Hell NO!!! I would never put my friendship on the line, i have known Kimo since elem. school and i have known Alpine since i was 18, i'm 32 this sept i would of never told them too get these amps if i knew damn well that these amps are bad ass. They know..... they saw me buy everything under the sun to get loud, and they also saw all my my problems with other company's but they only saw one time that i was actually happy too rep for and recommend others too get . STETSOM sorry but that is my personal knowledge about the amps that i use all day everyday, and i'm not talking about my DBTROOPER, the car that started it all VDUB :)

meh i get paid to sell what i sell, but at the same time i dont feel the need to come on the forums and throw everythign i can outthere and throw a tantrum about product. I mean seriously if they dont want it then they can buy stetsom or whatever other company they want to buy.

Selling sundowns and the other stuff i sell, doesnt matter either way for me, and as far as everyones testing of them, im skeptical of anyones testing either way. I dont know them from Tom the bum, be it a great review for a product or a bad review, i still try to get as much hands on experience i can with products because you never can put to much into what others on the net tell you.

Its alot like the Power Acoustic guys whom test over and over and always get differnt reseults, if it works for you fine, but if i test it myself and it doesnt work for me then i wont run it.

At this point I've never run a stetsom ever but price to power ratio, without any experience, i rather look at some other options that i DO know a little more about.

I guess everyone missed the fact that in my test, a Stetsom dealer was the primary guy holding the test. I was just an observer. So, me being affiliated with Sundown had no effect on the testing at all. I didn't touch either set of amps, I just recorded data.

The Stetsom dealer had heard the same thing about them being not suited well for daily, and wanted to find out himself.

In NSPL, I've seen the Stetsoms put out unbelievable numbers for the fuse rating, and now that I've witnessed the tests, I know why. Try putting a Stinger 200 amp fuse in one, and see what happens.

meh i get paid to sell what i sell, but at the same time i dont feel the need to come on the forums and throw everythign i can outthere and throw a tantrum about product. I mean seriously if they dont want it then they can buy stetsom or whatever other company they want to buy.

Selling sundowns and the other stuff i sell, doesnt matter either way for me, and as far as everyones testing of them, im skeptical of anyones testing either way. I dont know them from Tom the bum, be it a great review for a product or a bad review, i still try to get as much hands on experience i can with products because you never can put to much into what others on the net tell you.

Its alot like the Power Acoustic guys whom test over and over and always get differnt reseults, if it works for you fine, but if i test it myself and it doesnt work for me then i wont run it.

At this point I've never run a stetsom ever but price to power ratio, without any experience, i rather look at some other options that i DO know a little more about.

who's throwing a tantrum? You missed my point, i just said that to show that i'm was just trying to help out the new guys or other people that would like a amp that has been tested by so many others on Termpro, and personally experienced by me and my teammates with out no failures or slight problems, when have you EVER seen me push this product on others that didn't want it! I have NEVER done that, go look on all the amp threads if someone wants Sundown or RF or Hifonics or any other company i keep out!... Not like some Sundown guys(not you) that i have seen that jump in all the time when someone says something good about Stetsom, for some reason they feel to jump in and thread jack to talk about Alan's Personal BS, where he lives, near VA. border line in N.C Who cares? is he that butt hurt? sorry but get over it if it was true. in fact i don't believe it? it could be just a rumor to get people all wild up, but guess what?.. It's not working!, In fact i get more people wanting them because of all the stupid shit that was said, people are just weird i guess.... they want to know whats all the scandle about. Not saying you (Accordman) said anything wrong but you do know a few others that do, is this there company's outline to talk about personal BS to get their names notice, i hope not... that would be sad..Well once again this is not going anywhere. This personal pickering is not helping the guy out there to get the best amp for the money or the best amp the will suit him in the future. Once again to everyone that see's this, look pass the BS and what ever amp you choose Good Luck and i hope your as happy as i am with what ever you buy.

2007 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 157.3Db

2008 1st West Coast Regional Champ S/Max 158.8Db

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

Qoute from Termpro

HO-AUDIO

Member # 22306

trash 1 posted February 22, 2008 06:11 PM We tested the 12 volt 7KD in the jeep playing everyday music for over and hour and it had no problems what so ever. Keep in mind this vehilce does not have a high output alternator do the voltage did not climb above 13.2

--------------------

9 time Db Drag world Champion. New bass race vehicle for the 2008 season using all Digital Design speakers and Stetsom amps

Posts: 24 | From: Smithfield, NC | Registered: Jan 2008 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

does this help Bill this guy is 9 time champion, i don't think he's messing around,

Can anyone put this whole thread on Termpro to see what other people think besides the same ones on here? :)

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

Qoute from Termpro

HO-AUDIO

Member # 22306

trash 1 posted February 22, 2008 06:11 PM We tested the 12 volt 7KD in the jeep playing everyday music for over and hour and it had no problems what so ever. Keep in mind this vehilce does not have a high output alternator do the voltage did not climb above 13.2

--------------------

9 time Db Drag world Champion. New bass race vehicle for the 2008 season using all Digital Design speakers and Stetsom amps

Posts: 24 | From: Smithfield, NC | Registered: Jan 2008 | IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

does this help Bill this guy is 9 time champion, i don't think he's messing around,

Can anyone put this whole thread on Termpro to see what other people think besides the same ones on here? :)

I poked around a little on TP.

So the 12v does nicely when short on power as long as you don't jump 13.x?

The truck will charge to 14.4, but will most likely do power at comps at around 11-12.9. How comparable is the 16v version to the 12v in lower voltage levels?

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I poked around a little on TP.

So the 12v does nicely when short on power as long as you don't jump 13.x?

The truck will charge to 14.4, but will most likely do power at comps at around 11-12.9. How comparable is the 16v version to the 12v in lower voltage levels?

Actaully i was thinking the same think but... Alan promised me i could use these(12V) for music and bassrace, they will shut off to protect themselves at 15.5V, He also said that the only reason that 16v was made, because of the American market, Brazilians have been using the 12v 7kd amps for years now, that's all they run. i'm thinking of buying 5 more and putting one in my VDUB

2009 160db is my Goal!!!

Stetsom's West Coast Rep

Team Stetsom

Actaully i was thinking the same think but... Alan promised me i could use these(12V) for music and bassrace, they will shut off to protect themselves at 15.5V, He also said that the only reason that 16v was made, because of the American market, Brazilians have been using the 12v 7kd amps for years now, that's all they run. i'm thinking of buying 5 more and putting one in my VDUB

so is it the 12 or 16 to order up? :lol: I will never try a hi voltage system, I have no care to.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived