Second Skin Audio

15s for $400

Aj11

Yes... sell the JL stuff and get in the fast lane. :-)

JL 1000 was replaced with T1000bdcp and the JL 300/4 with a T600/4…OMG. Huge difference. But, most are quick to dismiss the W7, usually because the price. But, they get stupid. The T1000bdcp turned them WAY up over the JL 1000 crap. But I think I would be upset if I blew them, compared to a $300 sub that can be re coned! Thats why I"m looking at these other brand subs. Hope I'm not thread jacking bro. Not my intention. Just chatting.

Check out Sundown Audio X-15's they are close to your price point and also fit very well with your description of preferring the Lower frequency's.

RB

01 Chevy Silverado X-cab

2 Sundown Z18v4 walled on 2 Lanzar Opti 7k's strapped at 1/2ohm = each amp wired to 1/4ohm. Havent checked impedence rise so not sure what they are actually seeing. 6 group 31AGM's.

2-Eclipse 34230's each one running 2 Eminence 6.5" Beta 6A. These are beastly mids rated at 350w program power. I was skeptical but the eclipse amps are 370w x 2 and when there was 4 mids on 1 amp I could push it into thermal protect within a song so added the 2nd amp. 

Eclipse 4212 running 4 CT sounds Meso tweeters. and 2 DLS ultimate tweeters up high to raise the soundstage.

96' Ford F350 4wd 4d long bed 7.3 diesel with 91k miles. Will be the sound quality rig if I can ever find the time.

i would really love to get matching ct subs to go with my amp! and bb If I have that much money in my subs I'd want you to build it! or at least hold My hand threw it!

@turbo, i know right! theres just so many options! And theres even options in the subs them selfs! i can already see my girls eyes rolling as i talk to her about every sub im looking at that day! ha!

Honestly, this forum has made things worst for me..lmao! Never knew there were so many options. I stuck with what I knew. No, I'm mind fucked…..thinking of selling my 12" w7's and going with Sundown 15's myself. IDK. I'll just keep watching here and see how yours goes LOL! My W7's are amazing, but I'd rather have the 15's.

Do the opposite, get your new stuff and if you prefer it then sell the old stuff, your subs are not bad at all (sure they are expensive but you already have them), bear in mind that you may have the wrong box for them or quite simply the wrong setup, may that be improper amplification, electrical etc.

i would really love to get matching ct subs to go with my amp! and bb If I have that much money in my subs I'd want you to build it! or at least hold My hand threw it!

@turbo, i know right! theres just so many options! And theres even options in the subs them selfs! i can already see my girls eyes rolling as i talk to her about every sub im looking at that day! ha!

Honestly, this forum has made things worst for me..lmao! Never knew there were so many options. I stuck with what I knew. No, I'm mind fucked…..thinking of selling my 12" w7's and going with Sundown 15's myself. IDK. I'll just keep watching here and see how yours goes LOL! My W7's are amazing, but I'd rather have the 15's.

Do the opposite, get your new stuff and if you prefer it then sell the old stuff, your subs are not bad at all (sure they are expensive but you already have them), bear in mind that you may have the wrong box for them or quite simply the wrong setup, may that be improper amplification, electrical etc.

I appreciate your comment. They sound amazing! Box and everything is up to spec. except the gain might be slightly off. BDCP's giving me a hard time setting with multi meter. I started a post for help. Just looking to get louder like the OP lol. But thanks! And, good ideal.

W7s like huge boxes! I had mine in 6 cubes net at 30hz I don't remember the port area off hand but they got really loud off of 2 PDX 1000s! Any way for the actual thread, I'd look for mayhem's or some crossfire XS v2's. I loved mine when I had them.. Got 2 18s for 880 shipped so the 15s gotta be close to your range!

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

i really got some research ahead of Me! like i said I'll be selling my stuff first so i can get a good chunk of money.

@ turbo, haha don't worry about thread jacking! id rather you join on in then start a whole other topic on the same thing. i Just wish there wasn't so many choices!

I've got it narrowed down to 3 brands, but i really want to see the ct subs in action, if there half as good as there amps i might have to get them.

love matching stuff

1. dc level 4s

2. sundown x, or z3 i like the look of the x series more.

3. fi bl.

haven't looked at the mayhem or crossfire yet.

still trying to find something about the ct line

just looked at mayhem and crossfire, i think they have the same marketing representative! lmoa! i like what I've read about them.i can't find a price on them yet, guessing there in my range since they were mentioned. im not a big fan of What they look like. i know that's not everything but for $800 i wanna love everything about them! I'm gonna hop onto YouTube and look at some in action try and go from there

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Mayhem and xs v2 are wonderful subs. Best choice between all you talked about IMO.

I believe they're made in the same factory. Fi/SSA/AA/Crossfire from Las Vegas !

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

they do have a much higher rms rating which i like, but like i said i don't care for there looks. i know i know, but i really like everything i see and read on the sundown x line. love the big fat rubber and it seems like they were built for the low end which is my favorite. i haven't come close to making up my mind yet!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff