Go to superbrightleds.com. they have led pods for a decent price.

sigbanner.png

2001 chevy cavalier

Rebuild in progress

what happens when your CD player skips and you accidentally drop a 22 hz sine bomb at an unholy volume on 7-8 year old subs? Mechanical failure floppy sub knockage on at least 2.

well...as i see the level 6 is compared to a lamborghini.....but a corvette?

i was thinking more like a chevy volt. its cute and new and "hip", but i would just rather stick my dick in a blender.........

Go to superbrightleds.com. they have led pods for a decent price.

Thanks

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

ebay has a variety of HIDs just find what size your lows and highs are and order them up. They are easy to put in and are the brightest solution to your visuals.

HIDs are actually easier on your eyes than halogens, so no, you won't be that asshole with bright lights

If you want the most usable light for highs and lows I prefer 6k for color and make sure you get 55 W ballasts

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

HIDs are actually easier on your eyes than halogens, so no, you won't be that asshole with bright lights

It's not just about brightness, it's about spray pattern. They are illegal in stock housings for a reason. My shop got a "cease and desist" letter from our local government to stop selling bulb kits only or face consequences about 10 years ago. We really don't do any HIDs any more unless they are either in new housings or OEM upgrade/swap.

Kudos to the OP for knowing and respecting that. And the new l.e.d. options are great if you can find one in your price range. Then at least they are not on all the time.

Static drops are my bag.

From what I have seen, HID's in stock housings are usually worse than a good set of halogens. And like stated above, it isn't the brightness of the HID, its the glare created in the lens of the headlight that blind people.

It's not just about brightness, it's about spray pattern. They are illegal in stock housings for a reason. My shop got a "cease and desist" letter from our local government to stop selling bulb kits only or face consequences about 10 years ago. We really don't do any HIDs any more unless they are either in new housings or OEM upgrade/swap.

Kudos to the OP for knowing and respecting that. And the new l.e.d. options are great if you can find one in your price range. Then at least they are not on all the time.

They are not illegal, its up to the officer to decide if they are blinding to opposing traffic. They don't recommend halogen projectors for HIDs because halogen projectors are pointed higher. If you buy HIDs you just have to make sure you point them downward with adjustment.

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

They are not illegal, its up to the officer to decide if they are blinding to opposing traffic. They don't recommend halogen projectors for HIDs because halogen projectors are pointed higher. If you buy HIDs you just have to make sure you point them downward with adjustment.

You sure? Funny that we went round and round with this a decade ago with law enforcement and came out otherwise. BTW that was federal, not state. Be sure to follow the links:

http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2012/06/are-blue-xenon-hid-headlights-legal.html

Static drops are my bag.

look into these, they are super bright and cheap. Already wired for 12 volts....I'll be using them for a project soon and have been testing them.

http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/led-light-modules/plm-series-wired-one-and-half-watt-led/1141/

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Please, just stop.

Not at all. Halogen headlamps have reflectors, which spatter the beam. Projectors are more uniform. Ever notice the difference in cutoff between the two housings?

If what you said was true (in this thread as a whole), then HIDs in stock halogen housings wouldn't be so frowned upon. You could resolve the issue by just realigning the headlights.

Not only is putting HIDs in halogens inconsiderate and selfish, but I find it to be a waste of money. Your HIDs emit more light than the factory bulbs. Cool, but why does it matter when that light is being reflected to the top of the trees, and into the bushes on the side of the road?

If Im going to pay to upgrade anything on my car, its going to be an actual upgrade.

On a side note.. Are you one of those assholes who blinds us?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Archived