Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Buy a 5.0 and don't look back. A carb'ed 5.0 with some headwork and timing, plus a T5/3.73's is a hell of a lot of fun.

Doesn't need a lot of power adders to be a fun to drive car. Even a simple 351 Windsor swap can scare the shit out of you. If it gets boring, swap a 4G63 Mitsu motor in it, and shit on all the Honda's :) (it's been done, several times. not much bigger than the Ford 2.3 4 banger)

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

There is nothing more fun than feeling the ass end come loose or the way the front end lifts when you hammer a big pony power rwd car imo

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Posted

There is nothing more fun than feeling the ass end come loose or the way the front end lifts when you hammer a big pony power rwd car imo

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

I've never heard anyone say RWD gets boring. If you get bored with it, just throw some slicks on and try to drive in the rain. That should keep it interesting haha. Fox bodys are awesome, but for my money, I would keep looking for an '87-'93. I just like that front end better.

Posted

I've never heard Rwd being boring either I miss my Rwd in my truck fwd sucks lol

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Posted

Hmm idk then. Maybe it's preference. They just tell me the feeling of a FWD car while driving (steering wheel, clutch, overall feel) is a more "rush" to the driver then a RWD. but knows. I'm looking for a 86-91 5.0 manual but most I see are over 100,000k. And I heard old engines are bad to work on if they've been worn. At this point, would an engine swap be better or ride it until it gives.

MOB-MOBILE: 2005 Honda Accord 5-Speed System: (1) Sundown Audio SA-15 (1) MB Quart ONX1.1500D (1) Kenwood KDC-248U

Speakers:

-Rear Dash: (2) Clarion SRQ6932R 6x9's SOLD

New MOB-MOBILE:

2011 G37S Sedan

System:
TBD

Instagram (18+) : DabsWitaBudget415

Posted

Flog on it until it gives out. 5.0 parts are seriously cheap as hell.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

My 5.0 in my truck has 172k runs great..

My setup,

Digital Designs M80

3 Re audio 10's ported tuned to 36 hz

Kenwood x-696

SHCA 0 gauge

Polk audio coax running off hu

Posted

Love the Ford 5.0's, just never really been a fan of the fox body, or Mustangs in general! Lol

Firm believer in letting my cars do my talking!

You can't rush quality, it doesn't happen overnight. Quality takes time and dedication, but the end results more than pay for it.

"Black Pearl" Build Thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/67183-1985-buick-regal-limited-build-log/page-1

Posted

Where basically are you?

Have to deal with smog?

Video won't let me edit it in. One post down

That was before

20140114_200746_zpsqnouhcsd.jpg

It's a 5.0 block to start

Technically the 306 is the "true 5.0" ford just rounds up

It's a 5.0 set up (ford racing 306)

650 double pump roller motor with a air gap intake nothing fancy

gt40 heads help on the cheap

I have a t5 from a 93 mustang it is the weak link in my setup

But just don't drop first you have to feather it

You getting a auto or manual?

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 502 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...