OrionStang Posted January 17, 2014 Report Posted January 17, 2014 I am entertaining a new idea for my ride. Max dims are 46Wx22Dx17H but I don't need all of it(except height). Ideally, I'd like to stay with as little depth and more width, but would this affect output? Driver depth is 11.25". So simply, will a short wide box lose any output as compared to a more "square" box? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
dolarbilz Posted January 17, 2014 Report Posted January 17, 2014 I would try it..may be instead of a L port you can try a maze port or labrith port what ever its called.idk just tossing idea out
OrionStang Posted January 17, 2014 Author Report Posted January 17, 2014 I would try it..may be instead of a L port you can try a maze port or labrith port what ever its called.idk just tossing idea out Gonna have to Google that LOL. Ideally, id like to do 16-17 and 39-40 wide, for fitment. This will be built in the trunk, so looking for advice before I tackle it. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Trey_Dog650 Posted January 17, 2014 Report Posted January 17, 2014 heard square boxes are always best 13 Kia Forte Build! 07 Hyundai Accent Build ***Super Seller*** N8ball2013 And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.
john253a Posted January 17, 2014 Report Posted January 17, 2014 I do most of my boxes like that So I keep as much trunk space as I can I max out height and then width as much as I can But I also choice drivers based on that space as well I've never brought or had a driver that I had to make work But I have notices there is a difference in the way it performs but I've never metered it so output is a very hard one But to me the benefits outweigh the differances
OrionStang Posted January 17, 2014 Author Report Posted January 17, 2014 Single 15 set up? Shush, you! LOL SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
alaskanzx5 Posted January 18, 2014 Report Posted January 18, 2014 I always heard a square box has more standing.waves the a box.such as a rectangle. Read somewhere it's best to have a box that isn't a perfect square. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.