Clamping Method vs SMD AD-1 Amp Dyno vs. SMD AMM-1 Audio Multimeter

not going to take sides cause i don't really give a shit. I am enjoying the debate and seeing all the experts and "experts" chiming in. Please continue.

:popcorn:

No matter what tool you come up with Tony, there's always haters that smater than u

You should be listening to what I'm saying.. I could save you a lot of money. But nah you should just listen to the mfg for the dyno and amm1.. he's not biased at all. ROFL.

Tony props to you. Laughing all the way to the bank.

not going to take sides cause i don't really give a shit. I am enjoying the debate and seeing all the experts and "experts" chiming in. Please continue.

No matter what tool you come up with Tony, there's always haters that smater than u

You should be listening to what I'm saying.. I could save you a lot of money. But nah you should just listen to the mfg for the dyno and amm1.. he's not biased at all. ROFL.

I didnt call you out, why quote me?

Velleman HPS140I 99$

Craftsmen clamp meter 72$

Fluke 113 true rms meter 116$

Sorry just under 300$ and you can clamp your amps power for efficiency as well as many other tasks you can do with these three items vs the AMM1.

See now this to me is where it gets interesting. Now since you are posting a cheaper alternative people have choices. From the clamp tests I've seen people do it's a dmm and clamp, this is my first time seeing a scope or true rms meter for such a low price. Still comes into factor of how well the user can see clipping on the scope.

It would be nice to see a comparison of equipment like what sintorman posted and the amm1.

Edited by alaskanzx5
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Look here im a grown ass man, i don't have to listen to you. who the hell are you. How many tools have you brought to the market. You also don't have to worry about saving me any money. I worked for my money and i will spend it the way i see fit.. Plain and simple get a name for your self first, then maybe we would start listening to you. I would listen to an engineer before i listen to a nobody.

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

For anyone that wants more info on AC power measuring or would just like a good read here ya go.

http://www.ibiblio.org/kuphaldt/electricCircuits/AC/AC_11.html#xtocid174221

• Like (+1 Rep) 2
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

double post

Edited by corrie32

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

Velleman HPS140I 99$

Craftsmen clamp meter 72$

Fluke 113 true rms meter 116$

Sorry just under 300$ and you can clamp your amps power for efficiency as well as many other tasks you can do with these three items vs the AMM1.

See now this to me is where it gets interesting. Now since you are posting a cheaper alternative people have choices. From the clamp tests I've seen people do it's a dmm and clamp, this is my first time seeing a scope or true rms meter for such a low price. Still comes into factor of how well the user can see clipping on the scope.

It would be nice to see a comparison of equipment like what sintorman posted and the amm1.

Take a look at that scope and tell me you think it will be accurate.

http://www.electricstuff.co.uk/velleman_hps140.html

Everything has its place and if they are used right the results will be true, but if you use cheap equipment or use it in the wrong way you will get inaccurate results.

Edited by Krakin
b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Sure, there are "accurate" ways to clamp. I posted a vid pretty much showing that. But in all honesty, who has a load to use besides a subwoofer? You'll still need an appropriate high quality o-scope to find the phase angle. I'm not saying that it can't be done with some degree of accuracy, but for us normal guys that don't own a shop it's so much easier to just buy the tools. Even if I did own a shop, I would take the AMM or AD method over having to use 3-4 tools at once all day every day, even if they are a little more expensive. Convenience and accuracy are not cheap.

Lane AKA HeroKight

'96 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4x4

R.I.P. Molliboo

$200 for new tires, on a jeep!? Is she stealing them or building them with a heat gun and rubber bands?

You hear that????

That's a category 5 shit storm coming

n8: hey you doing today. What's it like being a bitch? you can pm me if you'd like to explain why you arent one. Just like you did for your vs threads.

^^^Rules. Follow them.^^^

I don't know what to look for in Ann accurate scope. I know that it has to have a nice refresh.rate to see clipping at the.same time your taking readings from the other tools.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.