good sq amp?

AlbertGonzalez

sorry for not responding to my own post lol but I've been looking at some Zapco dc amps and i think it will be good for a sq with a 2-way active set up. I was thinking of using a 750.2 for the mid bass and a 200.2 for tweets but I'm not to sure if the amps are worth the money i really like the DSP option.

Closest I got to sound quality was a Audison 2.9LRx which was probably the one amp I wish I never sold and I ran an Audison LRx 5.1k on a set of Mille components and it's the best sound I've ever heard. Only heard a few true sound quality installs and I was more than happy with mine but I'm still a basshead and had two 10" hertz hi energy subs to make things rattle. Most people don't actually want a true SQ system IMO at least. They just want clean sound that gets loud. Speaker install has a lot more to do with the end result than the equipment.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

I have a zed audio 4ch with burr browns................... It purrrrrrrrsssssss!!!!!

I would love to hear one of these in a SQ vehicle, But nobody competes with them ... Wonder Why ??
I think a lot of that has to do with the Class D placebo effect. Whether something is present or not, people are going to hear something wrong. There was a blind test done a while back, I think on deema.
I am waiting patiently on a chance to demo these amplifiers in a "Sound Quality Atmosphere.

Thinking this year or next year after the interwebs one might start seeing more of these amplifiers out there in the competition realm ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I have a zed audio 4ch with burr browns................... It purrrrrrrrsssssss!!!!!

I would love to hear one of these in a SQ vehicle, But nobody competes with them ... Wonder Why ??
I think a lot of that has to do with the Class D placebo effect. Whether something is present or not, people are going to hear something wrong. There was a blind test done a while back, I think on deema.
I am waiting patiently on a chance to demo these amplifiers in a "Sound Quality Atmosphere.

Thinking this year or next year after the interwebs one might start seeing more of these amplifiers out there in the competition realm ...

I'm not completely a SQ setup, certainly not on the level of competition anyway, but I'll let ya listen anytime. You swinging down to Heat Wave?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

You swinging down to Heat Wave?

I wish ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

I'm not completely a SQ setup, certainly not on the level of competition anyway, but I'll let ya listen anytime. You swinging down to Heat Wave?

I'm swinging through San Antonio on Thursday... I would love to hear an SQ system, or at least really close to a true SQ system. I'm running Infinity Kappa 6.5 components and 6x9's rear deck fill off a Kenwood XR400-4. IMO, and many others who have listened to it, the amp/speaker combo I have sounds amazing. I've put videos up on YouTube showing off my SoundQubed HDS3 subs, and the only questions I ever get back are "what kind of tweeter, or what kind of mid/highs you running?" If OP was to get on Amazon, he could get my mid high setup for @500.00/give or take a few dollars.

Now, I want more "loud, but clear," so I bought a SoundQubed Q4-120 and a pair of AudioQue/SQ 4 way 6x9's and a set of SQ super tweets. Problem is, I don't know where I'm going to install all this!

For the OP, the Kenwood is a Class D amp, it's very small, but it's a power house for what it is. My speakers don't distort and they get loud as hell! Just make sure when you buy your components, make sure you will have your final wiring down to a 2ohm load. Gets you another 25RMS out of each channel. Hope this helps a little, as I know there are MANY better Sound Quality amps out there. I just don't feel like dropping 1500.00 on a mid/high amp... I'm a basshead and with 1500, I could buy one hell of a Class D Mono...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

I'm swinging through San Antonio on Thursday... I would love to hear an SQ system, or at least really close to a true SQ system. I'm running Infinity Kappa 6.5 components and 6x9's rear deck fill off a Kenwood XR400-4. IMO, and many others who have listened to it, the amp/speaker combo I have sounds amazing. I've put videos up on YouTube showing off my SoundQubed HDS3 subs, and the only questions I ever get back are "what kind of tweeter, or what kind of mid/highs you running?" If OP was to get on Amazon, he could get my mid high setup for @500.00/give or take a few dollars.

Now, I want more "loud, but clear," so I bought a SoundQubed Q4-120 and a pair of AudioQue/SQ 4 way 6x9's and a set of SQ super tweets. Problem is, I don't know where I'm going to install all this!

For the OP, the Kenwood is a Class D amp, it's very small, but it's a power house for what it is. My speakers don't distort and they get loud as hell! Just make sure when you buy your components, make sure you will have your final wiring down to a 2ohm load. Gets you another 25RMS out of each channel. Hope this helps a little, as I know there are MANY better Sound Quality amps out there. I just don't feel like dropping 1500.00 on a mid/high amp... I'm a basshead and with 1500, I could buy one hell of a Class D Mono...

Ah man, no substage for me right now :(

The Exodus Anarchy's don't do horrible ran full range, but it's missing the bottom end. But I'd be game, wouldn't mind hearing yours either.

And I would advise against 2 ohm if we are talking SQ. Go 8 ohms if you can in fact :)

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

There is no plans for any sub stage in my 49 Ford Sound Quality project at this time ...

But that does not mean that there will be any "weak points" on my lower end spectrum by any means ...

There is no plans for any sub stage in my 49 Ford Sound Quality project at this time ...

But that does not mean that there will be any "weak points" on my lower end spectrum by any means ...

I believe it. I just haven't retuned or done anything different since I sold them, since another is going in it's place. Plus, I need to make sealed pods for these, midbass isn't spectacular free-air.

What are you using for mid-bass?

Edit: Holy OT talk Batman. My fault.

What are you using for mid-bass?

A pair of Linear Power 8 ohm 10" drivers in the kicks powered by a pair of LP2150 Amplifiers.

Archived