Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Building in the Trunk: Cleat/Kreg Jig Questions


OrionStang

Recommended Posts

Posted

First question, are cleats the way to go?

How big should they be? .75" by '?'

Should they run the entire length of the joint?

Can a Kregs jig be used out side of the box? For example, setting it up on the baffle to screw into the box top.

Pretty sure ill think of more.

I may or may not be attempting a build inside the trunk, just getting educated.

I looked at Bills build in Marios trunk, but there is no real answers to my above questions.

SMD Super Seller


My Feedback Thread

Posted

Kreg jig is one of the best tools I've bought, and yes you can use it like that to screw the top on. It will pull the to pieces together tight when you run the screw in. Imo there is no need for cleats if you get the Kreg

TDH FTW !!!

Posted

I love it, made building in the trunk much easier.

I used the Kreg both sides and it worked just fine. The only downside is that you got hole to fill but I guess you'll have that either way.

It's like rubbing your wiener up against a sheep.

Posted

everyone is starting to build in the trunk now. maybe i should jump on

:bandwagon:

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3290 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...