Sundown Audio

My attempt to support Brick and Mortar (Sundown)

I work at an audio shop, and after multiple inquires to sundown, there is hardly any mark up on their products. I can understand the frustration of being told one thing and then another a short time later. But at the end of the day the shop has to make money. Selling those subs to you for 220 a piece before tax probably would have made the shop 40 bucks a woofer. Where as say selling a Rockford t1 for 400 just made the shop 200 bucks. It's all in how companies mark up their product that determines how much a shop can charge.

I work at an audio shop, and after multiple inquires to sundown, there is hardly any mark up on their products. I can understand the frustration of being told one thing and then another a short time later. But at the end of the day the shop has to make money. Selling those subs to you for 220 a piece before tax probably would have made the shop 40 bucks a woofer. Where as say selling a Rockford t1 for 400 just made the shop 200 bucks. It's all in how companies mark up their product that determines how much a shop can charge.

they have to make money sure, but why lie to him to do it?

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

He was selling them for $250 before I got online and then contacted Sundown. @$220 he'd lose $20/sub but potentially gain a loyal customer. Cuz it's not like I only have one car and I want them all to sound good LOL

Was it the shop owner or the employee that said they would price match? Maybe the employee lied to get you there and then asked the owner after the fact. Kinda what it sounds like.

80prs

Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier

Incriminator IA 10.1

Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors)

4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 

3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash)

DC Audio level 3 12"  custom box designed by joex built by me

AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear

DC 180 alt

99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/

I understand where you are coming from man. I manage a small kinda "brick and mortar" grocery store (we have 9 stores in our chain) and I occasionally have customers call and ask about a price or see if they can get a better deal buying a whole case of a product. the price I tell them is the price they get. If I didn't stick to that my store would loose business especially since we can't always give as good of deals as the local walmart super center can but we still stay pretty busy. Why do we do so well? Good honest management and great customer service. And thats what you need to stay up as a small store

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

once you get a speaker moving so hard that its possible to make tinsels slap, you are already kissing "SQ" goodbye. :D

Don't get me wrong, as I smoke Marlboro Reds, but if I saw one more kid with that smug-ass look (Look at me I'm smoking indoors) on their face, I was going to shove that thing so far up someone's ass that they'd look like a hillbilly trying to understand quantitative prediction theorem.

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Was it the shop owner or the employee that said they would price match? Maybe the employee lied to get you there and then asked the owner after the fact. Kinda what it sounds like.

That could be it. I agree with you OP 100%. I would be down to make that type of trup also, but to make that trip just to get lied to. It don't work like that with me. I have strong integrity, if I tell you I am going to be here at a certain time, or I can do X for this person. I do it, I don't change while someone is on their way. Good job not caving, because I know that big of a trip could make someone just say fuck it and spend the extra money. But it is all about integrity, you won't go anywhere in life with out.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

If it was me running the shop, I would've ate the $22 and then dealt with the employee accordingly. I'd rather go out of business being honest than being dishonest with people. As Much as I like karma, I hate when that b!tch comes to visit.

How about (if there is a next time) you skip the employee and go next door yourself and talk to the manager face to face? lol sounds like a bitch move hiding behind the said "employee" in general that sounds shady as hell to have to call the manager who is next door?! After reading this again I agree it sounds more like a he said she said type of deal. They figured by the sounds of it that since you said you traveled that 80 miles you would be hard pressed to turn down that $220 price.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

I completely agree whoever you talked to shouldn't have lied. And I find it rediculous that the owner couldn't come over and talk to you in person. I was just trying to give some insight as to why online brands cost more at brick and mortar stores.

I totally understand the overhead of running a business. I just didn't appreciate being lied to and all in the presence of my lady, she's like me when it comes to money. Stood in cust srvice at Target for $1 one time LOL