Sundown Audio

My attempt to support Brick and Mortar (Sundown)

So, I'm in the market for two SA-12D4. I found the closest dealer to Cincinnati which is over 80 miles away. Dealer name is Drive 1 Customs in Springfield, OH. I made a trip up back in November to get a feel for what kind of shop it was. The salesperson told me the subs cost $249/sub. After leaving, I did research online and found the subs for $199/sub.

Confused by the difference I contacted Bryan @ Sundown Audio to figure out the reason for the difference. He informed me of their MAP pricing policy and for my particular sub of choice $199 is the lowest price Sundown allows the dealer to sell the product. He told me that I could contact the dealer and they might match the lowest MAP price, but they don't have to.

I contacted Drive 1 by phone after receiving the info direct from Sundown. The salesperson I spoke to in November said he would sell them to me for $199/sub. So due to time lapsing, I called on 01/23/14 to make sure the deal didn't expire. This time the salesperson told me that he'd "match online pricing".

Today, I drive over 80 miles to Drive 1 to support a "brick-and-mortar". I get there and after telling the salesperson that I was promised price match he calls the owner. The owner, who was next door at his other business (Yes, I said NEXT DOOR!!!) says he would sell them to me at $220/sub. So I plead with the salesperson that I ONLY drove all the way there because of what was promised.

So he calls the owner back, who refused to come talk face to face, and he says he'll do them for $210. I tell the salesperson that's not what was promised and he proceeds to tell me that I'd have a hard time getting my warranty from an authorized Internet dealer and all they do is drop-ship. To him this was why the owner would NOT take them down to $199.

So, I still have no subs and now I understand why people have a hard time trusting shops. Despite my knowledge of what the sub is actually worth (MSRP)...this was bad business!!!!! If they had initially said they wouldn't honor the MAP pricing I wouldn't have gone through any of this and NO one would know the true character of this owner and his business.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Often times anymore i just use the internet unless the local shop has what i need and would rather pay the price for it right now rather than wait the extra couple of days for it to be delivered. Later this year i want to get another set of Hertz hsk speakers for the car and like you it is an 80 mile drive to the nearest location, but the closest store is Collection Auto Group which would be a pilgrimage anyway to see all the badass rides he has there.

https://www.facebook.com/collectionautogroup?ref=profile

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Same here local Dealer in Columbus wants $699.00 for RF 363. Lol!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

WOW so you didn't buy them just because you had to pay $11 more plus tax so about $26... that 80 miles would of been worth the extra money just knowing there in my hand and i wouldn't have to pay shipping if i needed them warranted.. Did you even ask how the warranty them if its direct replacement or repair?

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

I see your point and agree it's the principle in the matter, but that'd be tough to walk away having drove 160 miles round trip twice... If the sa12s continue their popularity, I'd be willing to bet they'll cost $220 even online in the next year or so. They were only $169, 6 months-year ago. Hell they were 189 like 2 months ago.

You could always wait til Black Friday. $133 shipped on Amazon last year. Hahaha!

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

WOW so you didn't buy them just because you had to pay $11 more plus tax so about $26... that 80 miles would of been worth the extra money just knowing there in my hand and i wouldn't have to pay shipping if i needed them warranted.. Did you even ask how the warranty them if its direct replacement or repair?

lmfao agreed with this guy!^

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

I didn't buy them because my business motto is "treat others how I would want my mom (or someone you care dearly for) treated"!!! I ordered my amp from Wooferetc while they were having their Black Friday sale. I paid $480 (with no tax and free shipping) where this same shop wanted $650 (MSRP). That being said I could've got the subs for $199 (with no tax and free shipping) as well. But obviously shame on me for trying to help keep a small "brick-n-mortar" business going!!!!