Sundown Audio

cheep koreans amps no good -FI

bdog

Absolutely.

Granted I've already read all the discussions on the facebook audio groups.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

And even more funny considering the debacles you've just had but willing to ignore...now a brand need s a scapegoat, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I just find it interesting why Fi are the woofers that have the huge majority of tinsels catching on fire. Like the shit-tier class D amps have some sort of grudge against Fi woofers. Lel.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

I just don't want this turning into a "thing" where any time someone burns a tinsel, it's now automatically the amp's fault. If they share their information (like they should) then others can try to duplicate, observe, record and report their findings as well. That's how shit works. Or should be.

I'm not knocking Fi at all, but I'm also not going to blindly take their word for it that Amp 'x' is a super shitty tinsel wrecker since that particular amp has certainly been beating the fuck out someone else's subs for A LONG ASS time and I doubt the nine million guys running other subs on that amp(s) are scratching their heads staring at burnt tinsels every couple weeks.

I sure wish someone would drop names of what amps are the alleged culprits.

That would be like... valuable info and stuff. Because I can't really think of any "cheap" Korean 9k's. I can, however, think of a few "cheap" Korean 3500's.

I don't know if they have a brand or two in mind, but my guess is exactly that...the 3500 Korean board, which 50 different brands share all clambering to pictures to notice the difference in layout and swear by the better quality in theirs caps or fets. And if a said manufacturer came through to investigate (of course that means we have to take at face value) I wonder who THAT manufacturer is...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I sure wish someone would drop names of what amps are the alleged culprits.

That would be like... valuable info and stuff. Because I can't really think of any "cheap" Korean 9k's. I can, however, think of a few "cheap" Korean 3500's.

I don't know if they have a brand or two in mind, but my guess is exactly that...the 3500 Korean board, which 50 different brands share all clambering to pictures to notice the difference in layout and swear by the better quality in theirs caps or fets. And if a said manufacturer came through to investigate (of course that means we have to take at face value) I wonder who THAT manufacturer is...

I've actually observed the noise they're speaking of. The "blue things" that King'sSUV alluded to... the connections to the boards are patheitc and they are prone to breaking/rattling free especially when an amp is mounted to the box. Well... the amp still works just fine, but if you look at the wave on a scope, it's fuzzy and noisy as shit. So, all the while, your amp is rocking and rolling and you're none the wiser that you're sending a garbage signal to your subs.

Hmm funny I think ninjas amps had an issue like that

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Archived