Sonic Electronix

So im looking to put together a system that bumps. My price range is about about 3,500. I had some ideas on some stuff i wanted to get. This is most likely going in a 2000 chevy tahoe. Here was my first idea. im open to any and all sugestions just please read everything before posting.

1. 2 sundown audio SA-12's with an Sundown audio SAZ2500d v.2 (the subs and amp would run about 1500 altogether)

Obviously i can get better quality things, but the only issue is i have to factor in box costs, battery upgrades and a new alternator.

i already know im going to have to do a big three upgrade. Does anyone know what alternator i should buy? Im also in the market for a kick ass component speaker system for the rest of the truck so it isnt all bass. It would really be great if i dont spend all that money but at the same time its not a huge issue.

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

As far as the alternator goes I would look into singer, mechman, and dc. I'm pretty sure mechman makes a 270 and a 370 amp alternator for that year Tahoe. If it was me I would get the biggest alternator possible in case you want to upgrade in the future.

That is a solid budget. You can have a damn nice system for that. What space are you willing to give up?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Also, what tools do you already have to work with?

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

• 3 weeks later...

i have plenty of space. so thats not an issue. i have all the tools i need to install it. except I'm giving the specs of the box to a family friend. he is a master wood worker. so tool wise, its all there and when i get started i will be posting the build. I have decided to go with 2 DAD bd-12s now instead, with a sundown audio SAZ-2500D amplifier. gonna go with a 250 or 300 amp alternator and an xs power battery in the back. the rest of the cash will be put towards the head unit, mids highs and tweeters.

Jon Funda

Car audio Enthusiast and Still learning

Ragnarok Scenario Player, Youngblood #111

Two sundown sa 15s ported will hit a lot harder and a digital design m1c is a great amp at 12 volts it's doing about 1200 rms but it's underrated I'm currently running 2 sa 10s with the m1c I'm putting about 1500rms and I'm in a 2008 f150 and this is a temp set up because my car was totaled I had 2000 mustang with 3 sa 8s

Two sundown sa 15s ported will hit a lot harder and a digital design m1c is a great amp at 12 volts it's doing about 1200 rms but it's underrated I'm currently running 2 sa 10s with the m1c I'm putting about 1500rms and I'm in a 2008 f150 and this is a temp set up because my car was totaled I had 2000 mustang with 3 sa 8s

I'm sorry buy you can't compare the sundown sa's to the dad bd series. There way different subs both great but way way different. On that note I bet 2 bd 12's on 3k to 4k in a proper box would own the hell out of the sa's wich what I have seen can handle 1k per sub if you know what your doing.(Still great subs please don't take this as me bashing sundown sa's cuz I'm not)

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

i have plenty of space. so thats not an issue. i have all the tools i need to install it. except I'm giving the specs of the box to a family friend. he is a master wood worker. so tool wise, its all there and when i get started i will be posting the build. I have decided to go with 2 DAD bd-12s now instead, with a sundown audio SAZ-2500D amplifier. gonna go with a 250 or 300 amp alternator and an xs power battery in the back. the rest of the cash will be put towards the head unit, mids highs and tweeters.

2 12s in a Tahoe with a $3500 budget??? And space isn't an issue?

Am I missing something rofl?

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Price difference between a pair of 12s and a pair of 18s is like $200. (dependent on brand, taking bigger box into consideration). Return those 12s and ho with 18s bro. Otherwise u will look back and say I wish I did it this way. Never fun.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Archived