midrange blues

zanekeimigdesigns

what the crossover freq for the low end freq? that speaker should be crossed at about 63 hz for the low end. I'm assuming your using the x over that came with it?

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

In for info

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Are the doors deadened and prepped?

For best results you need to deaden the doors and use some kind of damping material, whether it is closed cell foam or 3M thinsulate in 1" thickness, and the point is to reduce the back wave reaching the front wave causing cancellation which helps overall in how well it sounds. Another thing to use is some mass loaded vinyl for a complete package in sound reduction and sound reproduction of your audio.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Are the doors deadened and prepped?

For best results you need to deaden the doors and use some kind of damping material, whether it is closed cell foam or 3M thinsulate in 1" thickness, and the point is to reduce the back wave reaching the front wave causing cancellation which helps overall in how well it sounds. Another thing to use is some mass loaded vinyl for a complete package in sound reduction and sound reproduction of your audio.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

I have everything inside the doors and the wall of the door that the door panel mounts to done with stinger road kill. but i haven't gone to the extent you have asked.

If your subwoofer crossover is at let's say 63 and the mids are at 80 you could get cancellation due to the way crossovers work.

Likewise even having the subs lpf at 80 and theifs hpf at 80 but have different slopes could cause cancellation

Also look at adjusting the phase on your subs, that might help

It really does help, all the little things it takes to seal the dors up, sound deaden & acoustic foam. Huge difference when all done. Here are some pics of what i have done. Sure it really time consuming but well worth the efforts in the end result.

Lancerstereobuildpart2011_zpsf4837db1.jp

Stripped down door!

Lancerstereobuildpart2012_zpscf541ecf.jp

First set up and didnt get the results i was looking for so i went all out after that! lol

Lancerstereobuildpart2013_zps3d761feb.jp

Inside done as well.

Lancerstereobuildpart2014_zps5d9b2e0b.jp

Bitch getting it in the tight spots.

Lancerbuildpart3003_zpsbb56e28a.jpg

Dynomat acoustic foam inside doors.

Lancerbuildpart3004_zpsf8b2c7a6.jpg

Then sealed the doors with sheet metal.

Lancerbuildpart3007_zps3b6ba352.jpg

Better look inside.

Lancerbuildpart3010_zps8248258f.jpg

Sealed up!

Lancerbuildpart3011_zpsda63fbfc.jpg

All sound deadened up.

Lancerstereoupgrade3022_zps7d41375d.jpg

Set up as is now. Great sound, alot ofwork to get it that way but well worth it.

Good luck buddy.

Yes, the RF T2 comps where in the doors until i made kicker panels and bought T3s. So i upgraded the doors w/ T3s and put the T2s in the Kicker panels. All ran of a T400-2 getting 123 watts a peice and sound great doing it.

Archived