Grounds starting to rust

When me and my cousin did the grounds in his 76 Blazer we sanded down the surface to bare metal and gave it a few coats of some Rustoleum when everything was installed. Not sure if its the proper method due to conductivity but thats what we did and haven't had a problem with it in the past 3 years

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

Yeah like they said, just clean them off reconnect the grounds and paint over it.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Clean off rust then dielectric greese connections. Then spray paint over them

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Dielectric greases and such won;t last long exposed to the weather. Better off with paint or re-applying grease every so often. I use white lithium myself.

I put some vaseline on mine. Both between the lug and connection, and on top of the lug itself. Seems to be working a year and a half later

Dielectric greases and such won;t last long exposed to the weather. Better off with paint or re-applying grease every so often. I use white lithium myself.

Just as an FYI - lithium grease is soap like. It will wash out with water. Dielectric grease is silicone based, and should work better for this

Just as an FYI - lithium grease is soap like. It will wash out with water. Dielectric grease is silicone based, and should work better for this

Probably true but mine had lasted all fall and winter so far. Will likely switch in the spring.

Archived