Second Skin Audio

New subs, need some help.

Phaeton

The Sx's are nice drivers. If you plug the pole with a compression plug they can cool themselves because the driver has no cooling properties.

Woh woh woh, did you just say to plug the pole end of a sub, to help it breathe better? You do know open pole pieces are there as a cooling device.

Actually they are fairly common on some high end drivers and may even be an option from sundown,fi,psi ect. Without a pole plug,there really is no cooling properties,the air just floats near the coil but gets dispersed under the cone. With a pole plug,the air can no longer pass through the pole,causing the cone to force air through the coil gaps instead. I actually wouldnt feel safe without my aluminum poll plugs & what a world of difference they make.

The Sx's are nice drivers. If you plug the pole with a compression plug they can cool themselves because the driver has no cooling properties.

Woh woh woh, did you just say to plug the pole end of a sub, to help it breathe better? You do know open pole pieces are there as a cooling device.

lol ive never heard of doing such a thing.. would need a whole lot of convincing to make me wanna do something that could possibly destroy a driver.

The RE xxx in your sig comes with a fixed pole plug installed,removing that would reduce the drivers thermal handling substantially. Not sure about the newer XXX though.

there is no plug in the RE XXX XBL^2

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

I wish a could get one machined however