Sonic Electronix

why/how did you get in the game?

when i was about 12 years old my Dad bought a used black civic that had a system in it. 2 no name 10s with a silver Amp no idea what they where. for months i thought it was the coolest thingin the world. tethen one day me and my Dad were driving and pulled up to a red light jamming out listening to some old school Rock&roll. will this kid pulled up next to us in a black suv, he gave us a crooked smile then rolled Down his driver side window. we thought he was gonna say something. before my dad could turn down the volume to hear what he had to say or car was shaking And we couldn't hear our music anymore. i could feel his bass in my chest. i turned to look at My dad and his jaw was on the floor. since that moment I've been obsessed with the power subs can make. that's my story and why I'm a basshead what's yours?

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

About when I was 12 also, my buddy kept drawing minitrucks in school, and so did I. I picked up my first Truckin' mag, then got a subscription to Minitruckin'. All I ever looked for was fiberglass systems, that's it. I was hooked.

Fast forward 7 years, I started installing at a Best Buy, moved back home, then started installing at a Circuit City. I had massive discounts on Eclipse and MTX, so I bought 4 7500 series 12"s, 7801 amp, polk MOMO series components front and rear, and an Ecplise CD7000, glassed the subs in my bagged S-10, and did some shows. I only competed once, was 142.2 with a sealed enclosure. I moved on to a computer shop to intern for my degree and have only installed on the side since. I've kept learning how to do fiberglass and I'm constantly trying to learn more still.Looking back, I have done so many things wrong now that I have the knowledge I have now from being here.

I'm not so much a basshead anymore as just a clean sound freak. I just live vicariously through you guys with your walls and such lol.

My uncle had a supercharged 2002 Silverado putting out near 400 HP with the 4.8, don't remember all the mods exactly but it held it's own against an SRT10 standard cab so idk if that says much but he was always taking me to car shows with his truck club and I always had a fascination for stereos at the shows. He totaled the truck and gave me the H/U, sub box, and amp from it, put a RF P1 in that box and there was my first setup :)

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

lets see now, around the time I started getting interested in it my older brother was putting in some dual subs in his talon, I was playing need for speed don't remember which one but you could pick different trunk layouts and stuff. was really into the fast and furious movies. shortly after that I got my license and started to buy stuff from Wal-Mart. then got a job working with someone that introduced me to Rockford and to a guy that gives me great discounts. just been getting deeper and deeper into it ever since.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

that's need for speed underground 2. that was the best part of the game! still don't know why they haven't brought it back. every time i tell someone about my/our hobby there like people still like subs and stuff? thought that was a fad? i always want to slap them!I'm like yea its back and bigger then ever! there response Is systems are for little kids! then i ask oh yea then why do they make $10,000 subs? least i got a hobby And a very tiny bank account! haha

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I've always loved music and I suppose that because I'm mechanically inclined, I became obsessed with how speakers work. I built my first "louspeaker" when was about 10, from a couple of Jensen speakers I robbed from a junk car at my father's body shop. I installed them in cardboard boxes and wired them into my clock radio, as that was the only radio I had at the time.

Since then, I've never lost my obsession with speakers and I can still look at them today and be as fascinated as I was when I first disassembled the one I took out of my clock radio, even though I understand them far better now. And that was 35 years ago, lol.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Mine started when I was 10. My dad had a 1995-97(or so) mustang gt. He put a alpine deck in it 2 sets of infinity comps I bought him powered by a old kenwood 4 channel. We'll one day we stopes by a audio shop and my dad picked up 2 JL audio 10w0v1's in a JL audio box and hooked it up at the shop (he already had a kenwood kac 782 2channel hooked up.) got it playing and told me to lean back in my seat. He cranked up some Alice in chains frogs and I felt it in my chest and fell in love.

Now fast forward 10 years. The subs he bought so long ago where still sitting in his shed gathering dust so he gave them and the kenwood kac amp to me as my first system and helped me hook it up. Needless to say 2 months in to owning them the saround separated from the cone due to being old and dry rotted. So then starts my adventure in to car audio ^_^

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

I was 16... Wouldn't drive...

Dad got a couple of his old EV (electric voice?) 15's (kinda like PAish subs) and his old PPI 125.2, hooked it up in a plywood leaky sealed box he made with a free hand jigsaw to try to get me to drive more. Didn't really work, but I got into the system aspect.

Later someone found some old Rockford punch 12's at a yard sale... Hooked them suckers up. I found what a subwoofer was. Later I ripped one of the rubber surrounds on it by accident and had a buddy get me some new subs and a new amp to replace dads old PPI. got a couple Hifonics 12's and a crunch 1100.2.. <---now I was the shit. I was dreaming about my future JL system in whatever future car I had.

Found out about SBN 2012... Decided to drive 4 hours to my first car show. People there were fuckin BOOMIN.. I wanted to sit inside one of those cars bad. Picked the first one that didn't have a line. It was "never satisfieds 300" 157.xdb all day long. With in 3 seconds I tapped out. But I was hooked. By the end of the day I could take low 150's and I was HOOKED. I went home and found my Hifonics system horrible and joined SMD.

the rest can be found in my build log, starting page 1 ;)

My old YouTube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/SwordLords1234?feature=mhee

My old build log : http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161872-96-accord-b2-sundown-sky-high-dc-power-re-re-build-for-heatwave/page-37

My New Build - http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/207041-2016-mazda-6-sql-build/

2016 Mazda 6 Touring

JL Fix 86 - OEM signal correction

B2 prototype DSP 6to8

B2 Ref63 - 3 way active set

2 B2 Class H quattro's

1 B2 Zero.5R @.5

2 B2 HNv3 12 d2

B2 SLIP40 - Lithium in the trunk

Northstar Group 35 under the hood

100ft 2/0 welding cable

30ft 4ga welding cable

20ft 8ga welding cable

All stinger OFC speaker wire

Soundrive custom RCA's

Tons of attention to detail.... Can it be perfect?

When I was little I used to love the sound of a trunk rattling to a beat so much that I put paper on my boombox speakers. All the older guys had them and it was official that I couldn't do without a system when one of my homies played the ja rule venni vetti vecci album on two 15 in an 85 regal when it first came out.

i really want to learn how to build subs!

i remember the first comp i went to. that was one of the greatest days of my life. it was 3 years after i got into the bass thing. i had to be there for hours Sat in every car talked ever owners ear off. just wanted to know what they had and how they did it. my ears hurt for days After that. the first time a system took my breath away was just ...oh... orgasmic! to me it was better then being in my uncles Corvette going over 100mph. it was literally life changing. ever since that day II've been trying to get a system that can take my breath away. i got away to go but that's the fun is constantly upgrading! I JUST WANT TO HAIR TRICK!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff