FeelDaBass Posted February 7, 2014 Report Posted February 7, 2014 Hi everyone, I've been looking at this sub mainly because it is very cheap and I held one of the 10 inch models and liked the look and quality in my hands. I was thinking about buying 3 or 4 and putting them in a single ported box tuned anywhere from 29 to 35. I currently have a T1D215 and am very pleased with it but since these are cheap, I was considering on trying something new out. Cheap is good because I am a college student and wait for deals to come along. But with 4 of these facing in my cabin sealed off from the trunk, running at a total of 2 ohms off my T1500-1bdCP, I thought it might be worth a shot.So what do you guys think? Worth looking into? All 4 would be $140 or less to buy. I'm not 100% on the box design I would use either...might get me on the path to trying out bandpass boxes though.. '98 Chrysler Concorde LXiPioneer DEH-80PRS (HU/processing)Rockford Fosgate T1652-S (components) for frontRockford Fosgate T1693 (6x9s) for rearRockford Fosgate T600-4 running thoseRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP running a Rockford Fosgate T1D215 15"in a 3.1 cu ft. net tuned to 34 hz (firing in cabin)Kicker PKD1 (0 & 4 AWG)stock 130 amp alt for now; One yellow top OptimaInstalled everything myself & built box (brother helped) Used a DD-1 to set gains. Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165894-first-build-accumulated-since-i-was-14/Just Pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1463-chrysler-concorde-lxi/?tab=images
Joe X Posted February 7, 2014 Report Posted February 7, 2014 The question is if you can have 8 cubes net box and can do a baffle with an area that will support the 4 subs + port to seal off. Also those are SQ subs so probably won't like getting overpowered too much if you intend to do so.
FeelDaBass Posted February 7, 2014 Author Report Posted February 7, 2014 I have a 98 Chrysler Concorde which has plenty of room in the trunk. I know I could fit 3 for sure, 4 I would have to do some careful measuring to fit a box where I would want it. I would be running it with my RF 1500 so I would probably use a -5 db overlap and that would be close to the RMS power of 4 woofers (1,440). Otherwise with 3 woofers would come to a total of 2.67 ohms and keep the same overlap. With them being SQ subs, they would still have more potential to hit louder than one T1 15, right? More cone area, about the same power.. (With proper box sizes).This box is 2.75 cu ft per chamber, total of 5.5 cu ft (for 2 15s). I would have to improvise in order to get a bigger box but is definitely doable. The seat side would have to be in a V or U shape to fit all 4 however. '98 Chrysler Concorde LXiPioneer DEH-80PRS (HU/processing)Rockford Fosgate T1652-S (components) for frontRockford Fosgate T1693 (6x9s) for rearRockford Fosgate T600-4 running thoseRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP running a Rockford Fosgate T1D215 15"in a 3.1 cu ft. net tuned to 34 hz (firing in cabin)Kicker PKD1 (0 & 4 AWG)stock 130 amp alt for now; One yellow top OptimaInstalled everything myself & built box (brother helped) Used a DD-1 to set gains. Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165894-first-build-accumulated-since-i-was-14/Just Pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1463-chrysler-concorde-lxi/?tab=images
BoomZoom808 Posted February 8, 2014 Report Posted February 8, 2014 The T1 10 I have is louder and sounds better then the pair of polk 10's I had in a fierce prefab. 4 DXI 12's would be a fun project and you could always sell it after but I think saving up for another t1 15 and running 2 would probably sound better and be louder in the right enclosure. I also ran a pair of Polk DB 12's sealed on a GT-2200 and they sounded really good but they just don't hit hard like I know a T1 does I would even give the SQ edge to the T1 sorry kinda becoming a vs thread. 2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS Knu OFC 1/0 SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750 Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5 IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12
slowfkncar Posted February 8, 2014 Report Posted February 8, 2014 Im pretty sure 4 12" dxi's will be louder then 1 15t1. If im not mistaken. A 12dxi and 15t1 both have 88db efficiency. They will not get as hot as a single t115. Cant tell you which one would sound better though.
RooTxBeeR Posted February 8, 2014 Report Posted February 8, 2014 It should be louder, it has almost triple the cone area of a single 15. I don't know the motor force of either sub so I don't know which is stronger, but you will have more magnet and coil with the 12's to cover all the power. Honestly man, I think getting another 15, and doing what your talking about with 2 T1 15's would be better. I'm pretty sure the T1 sounds way better than those polk subs. On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said: Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol. On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said: fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said: I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha Soon To Be '04 Ford Escape US Alternator 280A Hairpin D4800 Under the Hood (6) XP3000's in Rear 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply Pioneer DEH-80PRS DD AW6.5 (2) per door *Tweeter Unkown* DD SS4a & C3d (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm (2) 15" Sundown Zv5
FeelDaBass Posted February 9, 2014 Author Report Posted February 9, 2014 Alright, thanks everyone. I was giving it a thought since they are reasonably priced. Another T1 is close to double the price and up, and I don't exactly have the budget for that right now. But I will most likely do that down the road since I'm really happy with the SQ and SPL with the T1. '98 Chrysler Concorde LXiPioneer DEH-80PRS (HU/processing)Rockford Fosgate T1652-S (components) for frontRockford Fosgate T1693 (6x9s) for rearRockford Fosgate T600-4 running thoseRockford Fosgate T1500-1bdCP running a Rockford Fosgate T1D215 15"in a 3.1 cu ft. net tuned to 34 hz (firing in cabin)Kicker PKD1 (0 & 4 AWG)stock 130 amp alt for now; One yellow top OptimaInstalled everything myself & built box (brother helped) Used a DD-1 to set gains. Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165894-first-build-accumulated-since-i-was-14/Just Pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/1463-chrysler-concorde-lxi/?tab=images
Themidnightshot Posted April 1, 2014 Report Posted April 1, 2014 I'm running one in my truck on a 1k amp bridged down to 1ohm. Slot port box with 2.1 cubic ft and it hits pretty hard. Not bad for the price. I'll deffinately be getting another this weekend. I'm going to be building a bigger box though. I get a lot of compliments on the sq and some ppl think I have a pair of 12s. But for 60 bucks at best buy, I sure ain't complaining. Just worried that amp will blow it. Gains set at 1/4 so it should be good.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.