Second Skin Audio

6 e12 sundowns walled in monte carlo

Blake Farrar

I'd take some E-series over the X's

im not gonna lie those e's are no joke people think my system is loud and i tell them i only have 1k watts and sundown entry level subs lol they do the job quiet nice and 6 i couldnt even imagine haha but im sure 2 18s would be better than 6 and easier to build a box and put in my car.

The 18s are going to require more material right from the start plus the size of the damn box for those subs it mise well be a wall, but your not apparently ready to tackle a wall right now so I suggested 2-12s so you can build a box and get the hang of things as you work up to a wall when that time comes you can upgrade by getting another pair of X12s which would be 4-12s walled or you could just buy the 2 18s. Either way the bottom line is you deciding on what you can afford and build/install properly.

Hey Adam, I saw your original post before the edit. I'll respond to what I remember seeing. I didn't mean to make it sound like I think the E series sub is a pile of junk, I do not think that. I do however believe that it's out matched by the X series by a long shot. I understand that 6 subs in a wall has the potential to sound good. But let's just compare the two models.

The X series is a 3" coil that can handle 1250 Watts. The E series is a 2" coil that handles 300 Watts. So I'll happily take a sub that has 4 times the power handling and can soak up a lot more heat, and get a lot lower, louder, and cleaner doing it.

I know you've had great experience with the E series and that's awesome. If it were MY wall, I know which drivers I'd use :)

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Hey Adam, I saw your original post before the edit. I'll respond to what I remember seeing. I didn't mean to make it sound like I think the E series sub is a pile of junk, I do not think that. I do however believe that it's out matched by the X series by a long shot. I understand that 6 subs in a wall has the potential to sound good. But let's just compare the two models.

The X series is a 3" coil that can handle 1250 Watts. The E series is a 2" coil that handles 300 Watts. So I'll happily take a sub that has 4 times the power handling and can soak up a lot more heat, and get a lot lower, louder, and cleaner doing it.

I know you've had great experience with the E series and that's awesome. If it were MY wall, I know which drivers I'd use :)

....... hang on a second sally lol his post is 6 E-12's I have no idea where u got they handle 300 watts but that is incorrect? The v.1 where rated for 400rms the new V.2 got upped to a rating for 500rms and the coil was extended by 1/2" and they now have a new double stacked motor. Now for the cost of 1 x-12 you can buy 3 E-12's and stil spend less. Like the old saying goes there's no replacement for displacement. The only thing i will give the x-12 is yes it will get down on the low lows nasty

shrunk AB pic.jpg

That's interesting, could you explain?

Sure can fella, well with comparing these woofers now a days hitting the lows seems to become even more popular problem is...... I don't listen to stuff like bass mekanik all day long lol don't get me wrong I enjoy some decaf as much as others but realistically 80% of the time i'm listening to actual music lol I've personally played with most of sundowns woofers z's, sa's, E's and believe it or not musically i would never choose a woofer such as an X. For me to even consider an X i would get it with the stiffer spider pack to get the FS up on it. In my experience the smaller coil woofers are unbeatable on music (rock,country) simply because they have smaller coils, softer supsension etc so there response is always extremely quick and accurate. Now think about this for a min why is it that JL Audio's W6 is the best SQ woofer they have when there W7 is bigger takes more power and has a big xmax?....... Lot of guys are all gung hoe when the see a 3" or 4" coil which yea i like em too buttttt size doesn't matter numbers do so yes i would take half a dozen E's over two X's without thinking twice lol

shrunk AB pic.jpg

Stitched, I think I was backwards with the power handling of the 8" driver. That was my bad and I didn't mean to spread seeing info. I get what you're saying about more cone area and displacement. If still choose two nicer subs than 6 entry level ones. That's my preference to not run entry level anymore. I'd rather have a couple of the Xs over a bunch of the low end stuff. Again, I'm not falling the E isn't one hell of a driver, just not comparable to a couple of the Xs in my opinion.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

OP: Just wall that sucker up already, much more fun.

And if your budget doesn't allow...just save up. Took me a year to save up for my first big system but it was worth it.

Do it right the first time, like most people said.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

I'll stick to my statement. If it costs you more in materials to build than equipment you probably should reevaluate that

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

yea i knew right away u where thinking of e 8 power rating. It's all about listening style yes u can't compare power handling woofer to woofer that's a given but musically... E's or SA's would out perform the X as is all day long. I'm about to do another E series build since i haven't got to play with the new v.2's yet so you can hear them in person and see why I love them so much lol

shrunk AB pic.jpg

Archived