Second Skin Audio

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

Forevrbumpn

I've updated my single 12" T-line recently, got a pair of Pioneers 10's (ts-w257D2) and adapted them in a new baffle mount.

bGKwlKx.jpg

nU2NsG7.jpg

4Bd2JCu.jpg

1972248_221936351338007_98746429_n.jpg

They sound pretty clear and Loud on the 35-45hz range, and peaks at the blurry's 50-51hertz :)) you can feel the air moving at 30hz to 25hz

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm finally rejoining the T-Line game. Since my Xterra doesn't have room for a full on T-Line I've gotten some help and will be building an offset driver tapered T-Line for a pair of Eminence LAB 12's. Fs of 22hz, I'm excited to see what kind of lows this will put out.

Here's a sketchup of it. Don't mind the uncentered holes in the bracing, it probably won't be circles, just wanted to get the point across.

10313850_10203482567696563_5260711083195

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

looks interesting. bit overkill on the bracing for a pair of 12's.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I'm wanting to build one of these boxes for a pair of fosgate p3 12s. I'm confused with all the math here so I was curious if someone could possibly draw up a couple designs for me. It needs to be no more than 48" wide. Height and depth are not a problem cuz its going in an suv. But the smaller the better. Would like it to be tuned around 30hz.. would be cool if each sub had its own port but not necessary. .

Thinkin about doing a T line for a pair of Exodus Anarchy's I have laying around, just because. Figure it should do pretty well on my DC 5k.

At 16 ohms :nuts:

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Want to stay informed... Thinking about TLine'ing HDC3 12... Sorry, I haven't read all 70 pages yet, as i have to get back to work, but can I run the subwoofer's RMS power? Or will I bottom up the woofer and screw something up? I see what 300RMS on an 18 can do, I can just imagine what 1500RMS on a 12 would do... I'm willing to build, if they come....

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Want to stay informed... Thinking about TLine'ing HDC3 12... Sorry, I haven't read all 70 pages yet, as i have to get back to work, but can I run the subwoofer's RMS power? Or will I bottom up the woofer and screw something up? I see what 300RMS on an 18 can do, I can just imagine what 1500RMS on a 12 would do... I'm willing to build, if they come....

I don't see why not. I've built a number of them and I've yet to run a sub at or below it's RMS in one.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived