Hybrid Audio Technologies?

NathanW

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with Hybrid Audio Technologies products especially their subwoofers? The component sets look pretty good but I'm a little unsure about how their subwoofers stack up to other SQ subs. Any input would be very helpful, thanks.

'99 Chevy Blazer 4 door 4x4

HU: Pioneer, DEH-80PRS

Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Legatia L3v2 and Dayton Audio Reference 7" mid-bass

Sub Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Clarus C12SW-D2 in a 30hz quarterwave transmission line (plays down to 17hz!)

Amplifier: Addictive Audio 7.4+35.1

Processor: Zapco DSP-Z8

This is bulwadas line. Ask anyone who has sat in any of his rides what they tjink. I've never heard one person say a bad thing. The only possible negative is that they are a true Sq brand and may not get downright loud

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I'm a little unsure about how their subwoofers stack up to other SQ subs.

To be honnest ... They are the Yardstick that other Sound Quality subs measure by ...

but like N8 said ... they are not meant for high level SPL in any way, but more like the delicate sound of thunder !!!

Music reproduction at it's Finest ...

Which the same can be said for the brand of drivers I run in my vehicles ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Well with such high praise I am definitely going to consider them for an upgrade of both sub and front stage. The only thing that might hold me back is price, I'll probably need to save a bit before I can make such an upgrade. How many of their 10's or 12's would I need in order to reach around 110 db cleanly down to at least 30hz?

'99 Chevy Blazer 4 door 4x4

HU: Pioneer, DEH-80PRS

Front Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Legatia L3v2 and Dayton Audio Reference 7" mid-bass

Sub Stage: Hybrid Audio Technologies, Clarus C12SW-D2 in a 30hz quarterwave transmission line (plays down to 17hz!)

Amplifier: Addictive Audio 7.4+35.1

Processor: Zapco DSP-Z8

I am running a 3 way active HAT set up consisting of Imagine's and L3's. They do sound great and seem to get clearer the louder I turn them up! They are impressive. Be prepared to dish out some coin for the high end stuff. You definitely get what you pay for. As with great equipment, it's still only as good as the install.

You could probably achieve the db level you want with one 12.

You sponsored guys make me laugh.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running the C12SW .. It's precise.. clear.. blends effortlessly with my L6v2s. I haven't heard a sub with such detail and articulation before. That being said.. It will get loud enough to slap you in the face.. but it won't shake the ground. I highly recommend the sub if you have the $ to burn. No regrets.

I may get shot for suggesting this, but looking at the price of the C12SW, you may want to look into the Dayton Reference series, specifically the RSS315HO-4. It's quite popular in HiFi cicles as it will throw down against subs costing many times it's price (it's just under 150 bucks). Dayton is a house brand, but whoever makes that driver does a darn fine job of it - not all Daytons, but the RS subs are all excellent (They come in 8,10,12,15, and 18 inch variants with both an HF and an HO version for each driver except the 18, with the HF being even higher sq but less output and requiring a larger box).

Lower sensitivity than the C12, but it makes up for it with power handling (700W rms instead of 250). The Xmax is also conservatively rated at a low 12.5mm, but you can horse it need be. You shouldn't have to though. Modeling it in WinISD shows it as flat (and I do mean flat) until 40hz, and then it's only down 2db at 30hz. You should be able to dump the full 700W in it without exceeding Xmax too.

But, it likes a big box (1.25 cubic feet for a single 12), and quite a bit of port (25 inches of 4 inch round, so you're probably going to end up going with a slot port). You can make the box smaller, but it's going to cut back on your low frequency extension. As modeled, it's at 111.8db at 700W without any cabin gain. So it would definitely make your goal.

They are pretty sweet though. I've got a pair of the HF version 15 inchers and they are pretty unreal in their individual 4 cu foot enclosures. They are extremely clean. They blend seamlessly with the rest of my equipment (Klipsch SF-3s, custom center channel, and Advent's in the rear - and no, the horns I have aren't painted gold). I've had them down to 14hz, but I lack the testing equipment to tell you how loud it was at that level, though it was quite an odd feeling I'll say that much.

I've also got an 8 inch HO that's going in my car whenever crap stops coming up last minute and the weather cooperates. That would actually be my first experience with an HO variant.

As others mentioned though, for SQ gear, it's not going to slam, so keep that in mind.

Archived