Second Skin Audio

One Subwoofer Not Responding to Lows.

Exscathe

The human ear cannot hear 10 hz anyways. In fact most people can't hear below mid 20s. There are some people who can hear below that and even a smaller percentage of people who can hear in the high teens. Most of what people are assuming is the audible reproduction of sound of ultralow frequencies is the mechanical noise of the woofer itself. That noise becomes relative to the reproduction of sound to most people since it really always sounds similar.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Holy fuck kid are you medicated? Anyone ever considered it? You're about as bipolar as they come

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

all i see in this thread is... People tried to help with the details he gave and he gets all butt hurt because people kept saying the same fixes when the info he gave pointed to those fixes W.T.F... Thats one electrical engineer or what ever he said he was i wouldn't take advice from or use...

Not at all. That's what that different strokes for different folks thing means.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

all i see in this thread is... People tried to help with the details he gave and he gets all butt hurt because people kept saying the same fixes when the info he gave pointed to those fixes W.T.F... Thats one electrical engineer or what ever he said he was i wouldn't take advice from or use...

Read the OP

I have two 15" subs wired to 4 ohms on a 2000 watt amp. Wire comes in from the positive of the amp to the positive of one subwoofer coil, then the negative of that same coil goes to the positive of the other coil, then the negative of that coil goes to the positive of a coil on the other sub, then that negative goes to the other coils positive and that coils negative out to the amps negative. The problem is when low frequencies play in a song, only one sub is moving and the other is not, while when the highs are playing both subs are moving, I have checked the wiring a million times, it is very difficult to pull subs out of the box so I checked multiple times, I have no idea as to what is going on. I can only think that one coil was wired reverse which it was not, or that one coil is blown which makes no sense also because I have barely used them, when I did use them it was around half power on each, and I made sure they didn't see much clipping at all. Any help would be appreciated.

Since this is going round in circles I'm going to do something i should have done 15 pages ago and lock it. No more podium

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived