sound ordinance is back.......wtf

Im curious how this will be measured... by definition its a fluke and will be used in such a way to cause more problems than it solves. Just another justification to take away from our rights. I'm in Japan and the police actually carry db meters for stereos and loud mufflers. FTW

Check out my build slow but... slow and steady wins the race

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185561-1st-build-budget-toyota-mark-2/

As long as people pull the race card, the race card will exist.

With that being said, I guess since I'm white, I'll never be pulled over for the stereo bumping. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm also white, but I've seen it first hand with my foster brother and many friends who are black...

Give you an example... While my brother had his BMW 745, whenever I would drive, we NEVER got pulled over (passed and drove in front of many cops). Whenever he drove, we got pulled over at least once almost every time. Same car, same everything, both valid licenses, up to date insurance and tabs. But almost everytime he'd get flicked for "crossing the center line", "not coming to a complete stop at sign", even once bc he fit the description of a "wanted person" aka black lol.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the race card being pulled as an excuse or crutch, but when it so blatant in your face it's hard to ignore

they need to worry about those idiots on there harleys revving there engines 19 fucking timex at every stop light! oh I'm so cool in my leather with my nasty fat slam pig on the Back! loved smoking them with my ws6! I've never lost to.a Harley ever! i want a system loud enough overwhelm them! that's my goal.

i seen a Harley with training wheels last summer. not a trike a normal bike with training wheels. when i first seen it i was like wow that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. then thought maybe a handicapped guy Owns it. nope big tatted up leather wearing bear came out and got on it. i was speechless

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I got pulled over for playing my system to loud once.

Told the cop I was just getting it all setup for the car show that day. Funny thing was it was a classic car show haha.

The cops in my town are about the easiest going guys ever. The cops in the town over that have pulled me over three times not so much.

In the 20 years I've had a system I've never once been yanked for noise, but in my city first offense is $500 so $150 is a pretty good deal.

As far as "pigs" go and "ego"... Sorry they get shot at, fight constantly, deal with fuckups on a regular basis and the rest supporting the laws I've passed. I'm 37 and have had run ins with TONS of cops especially between 16-25 (keep in mind I live next to Detroit and used to live next to Miami/Lauderdale) and they have all been polite, civil, and always listened to my side. The problem comes in when you don't treat them with respect, talk over them, or just act a fool. As far as corruption goes, I wouldn't say corrupt I would say targeted law enforcement, but that's why our towns that border Detroit don't look like the apocalypse took place.

I've had run ins with the cops (FBI gang squad/state/county/city) in at least 20 places around Detroit/Miami/Lauderdale or more and only once went to jail and I was never not doing something wrong even IF they pulled me or were hassling me for something else as I was either up to something or somewhere I shouldn't have been unless I was up to no good and they knew that. Cops aren't corrupt because they didn't cut you a break. That isn't a requirement and them cutting you a break is them taking a serious risk in that your actions from that point forward can be their fault.

Sorry I get really pissed off at these blanket bullshit statements that are bold faced fucking lies. Saying all cops are this that or the other is no different than being a racist where you put your bullshit stereotype on every cop that's out there.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

agreed, I've meet awesome cops who have straight looked the other way on a few things that would have changed my.record if it was a Dick cop. on the other hand i encountered cops that are just plain and simple pieces of shit.

i have 2 uncles that are cops. well one passes away a few years back. the one on my moms side married to my moms sister Is the one who passed. i don't mean to speak ill of the dead but he really was a piece of shit.he beat my aunt my cousins even his dogs. very controlling and just a nasty person. everyone was so sad when he died but not me. if you beat on.women And children you deserve to die period! how ever my uncle on my dads side (my dads brother my god-father) is one of the nicest most kind person I've ever met. well until you piss him off.

so yes i get mad when people throw out a blanket term like that. there's always two sides to a coin

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

As long as people pull the race card, the race card will exist.

With that being said, I guess since I'm white, I'll never be pulled over for the stereo bumping. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm also white, but I've seen it first hand with my foster brother and many friends who are black...

Give you an example... While my brother had his BMW 745, whenever I would drive, we NEVER got pulled over (passed and drove in front of many cops). Whenever he drove, we got pulled over at least once almost every time. Same car, same everything, both valid licenses, up to date insurance and tabs. But almost everytime he'd get flicked for "crossing the center line", "not coming to a complete stop at sign", even once bc he fit the description of a "wanted person" aka black lol.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the race card being pulled as an excuse or crutch, but when it so blatant in your face it's hard to ignore

I hear you. Well, I grew up in Inglewood Ca. Since I literally was the ONLY white boy in town from the time I was 8-23 years old, once I started driving I was constantly pulled over. I assumed they thought I was either selling dope or buying it since I looked out of place. So I guess I had a reverse race card? LOL!

I also got pulled over and ticketed for music audible over 100DB which was bull shit, but whatever. That was in Torrance, those police just hate everything period!

So, with that being said, I guess I got the same treatment as the blacks did in my area, because I was the minority... Just sayin' bro.. But I hear you.

Also, Inglewood PD was corrupt as fuck in my time. They were also notorious for beating anyone and everyone, and stealing your weed, guns and money...seen it first hand ;) I now live in a predominately "white" town, although there is a ton of Armenians, and I've been pulled over here once a year, and had the cops harass me for something the neighbors were doing...they came to the wrong address!! That was before 3 complaints to the city. Seems they left me alone since then.

Most of the time with the noise issue it's all about what you're playing.. Most cops and pedestrians for that matter don't want to hear "that rap shit" lol. Or basically anything with vulgar or offensive language (which is funny to me since 90% of "radio pop" has deep sexual and offensive lyrics or innuendo, but that a different discussion altogether lol). I thought it was a very valid point that guy in the article raised about the content and context of these "noise violations", since it's so vague and open to interpretation/enforcement.

I guess I'm just extra cautious when I'm bumping my system, both for cops and potential thieves... (And old people... They don't seem to take to kindly to even the slightest of loud music lol). And whenever confronted by either, a respectful apology and politely adjusting your volume goes a long way.

***havent been fortunate enough to run into a cool enough cop that wants a demo

My race shop is right next to a cemetary/church. The pipes on the dyno point directly at the graves. You should see how people react to a 9200rpm, 940hp small block when they're trying to bury their dead...

Back when I worked in Top Fuel, as a drunk joke, we did a warm-up at 3am. Actually got a ticket from Rockingham's Finest, lol.

Free Speech FTW

Archived