Sonic Electronix

It's what I had at the time and it worked. So I kept using it. Hasn't let me down te an double layering that stuff is still cheaper than a single layer of the good stuff. I don't skimp on my equipment besides deadener. It does what I need it to do. I wouldn't recomend it if it didn't work for me

I just used fatmat in a trunk vehicle and I can tell you first hand its pretty good stuff for the money. I have used spectrum and second skin as well and for the price I personally like fatmat. I do agree though the roller that comes with it sucks balls, your better off getting a good roller from lowes or whatever store you have local.

Do not buy fatmat there is other few that are cheaper then second skin and better then farmat loom through the bazzilio of sound deadner threads... and the guy that says its good on a budget no its not your looking at 3 or so layers of 100 % coverage of fat mat to equal one layer of real deadner and you dont have to use 100% coverage of second skin

I would take the amount you have and buy what you can of real deadner use the recomended 25% coverage and later on if you want to do more do more.

like i said i used both fatmat and s.s fatmat is not worth the money

Everyone bashing should provide a link and facts that prove why fat mat so called sucks? Can you prove 100% there is an audible difference between brand x and brand y based on how many layers etc? Explain why fat mat sucks and something else is the god of sound damping material. People always talk about how something is so much better and often times they themselves haven't even used the said product. I can tell you however first hand that I used fat mat in 2010 on my explorer tested with my TL and recorded results and compared to no damping material took the fat mat off and applied second skin and recorded results again. Based on my personal results in my explorer there wasn't even a tenth of a difference. Either way both materials have been used to make a vehicle more sound which is the bottomline for the OP. I say get whatever you can afford and roll with it.

http://store.secondskinaudio.com/b-stock-damplifier/ not sure what car you have but this will cover most of a car

And jman ive used both and i could tell the difference by ear and i only had about 30 to 40% coverage of s.s to 100% coverage of fatmat .. dont know if it metered differently but is sounded better

My experience with fatmat i would rather do 25% coverage with ss then waste my money doing 1 full coverage with fatmat

O.P you can try other deadner but o would stay away from fatmat therw is like 100 tjreads recommending ones search them and make your own mind up

Everyone bashing should provide a link and facts that prove why fat mat so called sucks? Can you prove 100% there is an audible difference between brand x and brand y based on how many layers etc? Explain why fat mat sucks and something else is the god of sound damping material. People always talk about how something is so much better and often times they themselves haven't even used the said product. I can tell you however first hand that I used fat mat in 2010 on my explorer tested with my TL and recorded results and compared to no damping material took the fat mat off and applied second skin and recorded results again. Based on my personal results in my explorer there wasn't even a tenth of a difference. Either way both materials have been used to make a vehicle more sound which is the bottomline for the OP. I say get whatever you can afford and roll with it.

Look up sounddeadenershowdown, there SDS has done quite the research and the only product he considers people should buy is second skin, stinger roadkill or some silent coat products. (they have the best price/performance ratio)

Getting higher numbers on the TL isn't the only purpose of a good sound deadener. (it's actually just a nice bonus, that's not even a goal)

Double layer it. My only problem with fatmat is it's this. So again that's why I doubled it up. I now have it in all my vehicles. Of course there's better brands out there but it's good and will do what you need it to do

So first you buy it because it's so cheap and then you double layer which makes it equal or more expensive while probably still getting lower results.

You don't get a 100% increase in performance if you double layer, it has been proven to be closer to 50-60 percent if you have to put it in numbers.

I went with rattle trap by fatmat. Supposed to be a little thicker and for 2bucks a sq ft you cant lose. I recommend it.

Yes you can, because it doesn't work as good as the other alternatives.

The easiest way to know if sounddeadener isn't good is when you can buy it on a roll.

You don't have to cover every square inch of the car with deadener, i'm pretty sure you'll already like what you hear with a 50% coverage (in your case).

Sound deadener isn't the only thing you should use to sound treat your car.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived