Knu 1/0 370a alternator ok with one run?

I have a mechman 370A elite and was told by mechman that you should only have one run from the alternator as multiple connections can cause resistance and overheating of the alternator.

My question is, would a 16 inch run of Knu 1.0 be sufficent on the 370a to the front battery? just curious before I change anything.

I know the wire is rated for 300a.

i really want to hear the explanation as to how adding more than one run from the alternator + stud to the battery will harm anything. loose connections will increase resistance sure, but if you know how to fuggin solder or crimp, and tighten things down, then there are no issues.

Even if its rated at 300A.. Thats at like 20ft. Your run isn't even a foot and a half.

Its unbelievable how much power can run through short 1/0 runs.

You're good.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

i really want to hear the explanation as to how adding more than one run from the alternator + stud to the battery will harm anything. loose connections will increase resistance sure, but if you know how to fuggin solder or crimp, and tighten things down, then there are no issues.

Yeah, mine are hydraulic crimped lugs w/ heat shrink.

Just going by what I heard/was told. Not trying to bash anyone.

I have a mechman 370A elite and was told by mechman that you should only have one run from the alternator as multiple connections can cause resistance and overheating of the alternator.

My question is, would a 16 inch run of Knu 1.0 be sufficent on the 370a to the front battery? just curious before I change anything.

whaaa? more wire and more copper terminals = more resistance???? that's a new one.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

whaaa? more wire and more copper terminals = more resistance???? that's a new one.

Not the wires, the multiple ring teminals stacked on the stud is what they said.

I noticed some others wondering the same thing on here the last few weeks.

You DO NOT want to stack terminals on the alternator. Stacking ring terminals on the alternator WILL cause the regulator to overheat..

Archived