Second Skin Audio

F-150 Underseat Quad 6.5" Enclosure

Edge seal? May sound like a noob question...lol

I just use wood glue and water. If you don't seal the edges of the MDF it soaks up paint like crazy. Makes it a huge pain in the ass to get any kind of decent paint job.

It's the simple things that make the difference between a box and an awesome box. I haven't painted a box yet but when I do i'll definitely try it. I assume you mix it pretty thin and apply after sanding then smooth it with some 240 or higher grit after?

It's the simple things that make the difference between a box and an awesome box. I haven't painted a box yet but when I do i'll definitely try it. I assume you mix it pretty thin and apply after sanding then smooth it with some 240 or higher grit after?

Yup, you got it. It doesn't take much water to thin it down, 20% tops. I use Titebond II BTW. If you really want to get good results you need to prime the MDF too. I use Zinnser BIN. Its a shellac based primer so it dries fast and the fumes won't kill you. Its pretty much the shizzle for MDF. You need to do everything too, not just the edges. Its best if you can spray is on, but a foam brush works pretty well too.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

My bad that AT 400.1 is gonna kickass. Great little amp super clean.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Well I've got it all carpeted. There are many aspects of the enclosure building process that I enjoy, carpeting isn't one of them. It is however a very cheap and durable way to cover a box, and it looks nice. Anyway here are some pics.

Here it is masked off and ready for carpet.

2014-02-28094941_zps9f3488f8.jpg

Find my seams, I dare ya.

2014-02-28100455_zpsb555c246.jpg

2014-02-28101413_zps66c6cd9a.jpg

Here it is all finished and ready for the drivers to be put back in, should get to that after lunch.

2014-02-28102959_zps6d4804a6.jpg

This is definitely one of those jobs where there is no replacement for having the right tools. In this case its lots of sharp utility blades and a really good pair of fabric shears.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

Looks bad ass man.

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

All done.

P1010035_zpsa3751253.jpg

P1010036_zps9d1fd9b4.jpg

P1010039_zps673cd0b1.jpg

I'll get more pics after its installed this weekend.

Builds:

Great Idea with the water/glue to seal the edges. Awesome box very clean. The thing I'm most jealous of is that work shop you got there. I would be in heaven. Where is eastern Washington are you at? I have family in Walla Walla.

New build coming........

YouTube:http://www.youtube.c...6?feature=guide

Old Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d-on-the-cheap/

Old Screen name: Redrebel66

Thanks! My wood shop is just a sectioned off corner of one of our outbuildings. I really enjoy it and will hopefully be able to expand it into more of the building someday.

I'm just South of Grand Coulee, so about three hours straight north and just slightly West of Walla Walla.

Builds:

that box is flawless man, great job!

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Archived