Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

12" 2 ohm sub options for SQ/SQL


bcbrassard

Recommended Posts

Posted

Nice build, way cleaner looking. Great job on the box, If i where to do that i would either go 2 10 ported up thru rear deck or sealed. I really like how i have everything now just redo the Box size i have but made it wedged with a 3.5" difference top to bottom to back seat back slope and increase box volume.

Posted

I believe 2 12 Fi SSD's would probably sound good in that particular application.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter

Posted

I wouldnt do anything I could not seal from the trunk IF i had a trunk car. So whatever the most cone area you can fit through your cutout and sealed. Thats what I would do. Damores subs are pretty sweet. they remind me alot of SA series from sundown. But I have no hands on or personal experience so I have no idea.

Here is a link though. Seem expensive to me, but Damore puts out great products.

http://damoreengineering.com/subwoofers.html

I have nothing against sealed, Just that I feel eventually you would want more output and would be better off going ported and skip another rebuild. I personally am done trying to do anything LOUD. What I am building right now is sealed, vvx10 I built on a soundstream 300sx. So if you know what you want, chase that.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

I believe 2 12 Fi SSD's would probably sound good in that particular application.

Thank you, i will look into those as well. So many choices to pick from.

Posted

I wouldnt do anything I could not seal from the trunk IF i had a trunk car. So whatever the most cone area you can fit through your cutout and sealed. Thats what I would do. Damores subs are pretty sweet. they remind me alot of SA series from sundown. But I have no hands on or personal experience so I have no idea.

Here is a link though. Seem expensive to me, but Damore puts out great products.

http://damoreengineering.com/subwoofers.html

I have nothing against sealed, Just that I feel eventually you would want more output and would be better off going ported and skip another rebuild. I personally am done trying to do anything LOUD. What I am building right now is sealed, vvx10 I built on a soundstream 300sx. So if you know what you want, chase that.

Thank you, i am not lookingforanything to loud anymore either. Just something to keep up with mids and highs that sound great and classic rock, metal, rock and some rap. The Deamores look nice but a little spendy. Was kinda thinking $500 a pair plus shipping. I am in now hurry to pull the trigger on something but would like to have it narrowed down to buy in a month. I will have to remove everyhting in the trunk to pull box and rebuild another, waiting for spring weather to do it outside.

Thanks for all the great input guys.

Posted

FI q series. Room for more power if you want to go bigger later. Same price as damore subs with bigger coils. Better IMO

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Posted

Thanks, i am really like the FI Qs, looks like we might have a winner here. Now time to save up.

Posted

Once you go Fi, you never go back :)

anything in the Fi/AA line is a great choice. Made in the USA ftw!

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

Theres nothing wrong with Daytons drivers...some of their stuff is really good I like their 7" reference series mids, and their H/O subwoofer line. It would work for you OP just not handle more if you plan on adding power later

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...