Sky Posted February 26, 2014 Report Posted February 26, 2014 Im looking to upgrade from my x18. The x is getting pretty warm fairly quick off my aq 3500. I think it's reached it's limits. How well will the dc and the zv4 hold up thermally off of 3500rms daily. I haven't heard a dc sub so I don't know what to expect. The x is like a lil brother of the zv4 so I know somewhat to expect. Just any info on the 2 would be great. Want to play in the 30s hz area strong 27-low 40s hz is what I'm trying for. 99 F-150 Build Log
Dude2800 Posted February 27, 2014 Report Posted February 27, 2014 Interesting. It seems that everybody that gets an x18 gets rid of it. There's not that many videos of them. Do you think you just over powered it or is it just not reliable?
coh33dkill3r Posted February 27, 2014 Report Posted February 27, 2014 I have an x-18. Love it! But now I'm looking on to something bigger with more power
Dude2800 Posted February 27, 2014 Report Posted February 27, 2014 I have an x18 still in the box and was a little concerned.
jmanjr82 Posted February 27, 2014 Report Posted February 27, 2014 Are you sure the power is 100% clean going to the sub? Have you clamped to see how much power the sub is actually seeing?
Sky Posted February 27, 2014 Author Report Posted February 27, 2014 I had the x15 and now the x18. I'm just playing around with subs and figuring what is like most for my blowthru when I do it. Plan on doing 2 18s with a 3500 to each sub. And it's not that I don't like it. I love the sub I'm just looking for something that can handle more power. Just an upgrade. As for clean power. I set gains with dd1 but for some reason my track 3 isn't getting it loud at all. So I did track 7 but with track 7 it let's me turn my gain all the way up with no distortion read... I didn't turn it up all the way tho. I'm gonna try track 5 next time. I've yet to clamp it. Don't have the tool. My volts while just idling don't drop below 12.7. While driving nothing below 13.5 99 F-150 Build Log
CNF Kevosinn Posted February 27, 2014 Report Posted February 27, 2014 Zv4's will eat a 3500 alive all day long. will have an NS1 @.5 to each pair of my z's *** SuperSeller Status Verified *** ( http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/25829-super-sellers-buyers/ ) "kevosinn's" astro van 8 custom Sundown Zv4 18's 4 Sundown scv 6000's CNF Distribution CNC parts Skyhigh wire some batteries SMD Meters and tools used on the installhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172877-kevosinns-vanwest-coast-skyhigh-car-audio-vehicle/ 16,000 watt walled silverado build.http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/161965-walled-silverado-4-hdc4-15s-4-crescendo-3500s-and-much-more/ 8,000 watt 1999 Subaru legacy outback. Build log here: http://www.stevemead...ru/page__st__60TEAM CNF Distribution
Sky Posted February 27, 2014 Author Report Posted February 27, 2014 Ya I'm leaning more and more towards keeping it in the Sa family 99 F-150 Build Log
CleanSierra Posted February 27, 2014 Report Posted February 27, 2014 What ohm load were you running when you had the X hooked up? It wasn't a D2 sub I hope. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.