DIONYSUS'S 02 Eddie Bauer Explorer slow BUDGET build! Update! 18" DC lvl 6 pic!!!

Oh shit what is this!!?? Its official I got a 18" DC lvl 6 full carbon fiber!!! Thanks to my big brother B-Eazy for helping me out BIG time on this build!!! You're the mayn ""B""!!! So my quest for 150db with 1 sub Has started!!! :-)

I would like to EVENTUALLY run anywhere from 2 to 4 18s but that's a long way from now, after all this is still a budget build :-) and this is a HUGE upgrade from my 750W rms 15" L5 lol so I will be with this bad boy for years before any sub upgrade, hell im still working on beefing up electrical and will get a bigger amp or two before I get another sub!!! This thing is a BEAST! And I can't wait to let her bang!!!

20141005_173820_zpsbzgdspbs.jpg

20141005_173810_zpsfg80jzfr.jpg

20141005_173805_zpsi5chzt7k.jpg

20141005_173746_zpshpc456m2.jpg

Ohhhhhhh shit I can't wait to get this bad bay runnin!!!!

Tuned for sure man! LOVE that Eddie Bauer :) Definitely one of the cleaner Explorer builds I have seen, some inspiration for my 03!

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Lol this is an 02. Asto has an 03 and I have an 04

damn you got one of b's subs nice. Do work man

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Lol this is an 02. Asto has an 03 and I have an 04

damn you got one of b's subs nice. Do work man

He'll yeah Explorer build time!!! I looove explorer builds!!! Yeah lol didn't think I'd end up with one of these beasts but B worked and is contunuing to workin with me to get this bad boy up n goin n my ride!! My CT1400.1 will work ok for time being but Im looking at bigger amps but im still working on beefing up electrical first so this beast wont be hooked up n playing till early next year but by that time chances are ill have a bigger amp already also!! Or two, depending what route I go!!! Thanks for the explorer love guys I can't wait to see how all our explorers come out!!!

Oh and heres a pic of my voltage at idling after driving around for about 45 minutes with system on, and at start up I see 14.4/14.3 but it's always higher at start up, I've never hit below 12.9 and only once while messin around testing to see at what point I'd have too much drop. My CT1400 is rated at 12.8v anyways but daily scenario even near full tilt It usually stays at 14v and will drop to 13.8 occasionally on some low notes. So I'm excited to see the help/stability the big 3 adds!

EDIT/Clarification: When I took this pick my head unit and amp was on but not playing

IMG_20140925_075914_zpswfgtntmd.jpg

That's like identical voltage as mine, with around the same RMS. Except for some reason, mine occasionaly spikes up around 14.6-14.7 when driving with no system.... The big 3 sure did help out immensely, even with just a 1100A front battery and 850A rear battery. It's also cool that these Explorer's have like a 130A alternator from the factory, bigger than cars :)

Head Unit - Clarion VX709 7" DVD Touchscreen

Mid/Highs - Front Doors - RF Prime 6.5" component mids.

A. Pillars - RF Punch component tweets.
B. Pillars - RF Prime component tweets.
Rear Doors - RF Punch 5.25" mids.
RF Punch 3-way passive X-overs.
Mid/Highs Amp - MB Quart Onyx 360.4, 4 channel, 640W RMS.
Subs - (2) PowerBass 3XL 15, 1000w RMS, 3" flat wound coil, 562oz motor, 10" spider.
Sub Amp - Audiopipe GD6001 @.5ohm, clamped 2825RMS.
Box - 9.6 cu^3 net @35Hz, three 6" aero's.
Charging - Energizer 120Ah AGM under the hood, MaxLife 75Ah in the rear. Big 3, 140A aftermarket alt. (off brand)
Wires - Two JL Audio 2/0ga OFC. runs to rear, 4ga. power/2ga. ground to component amp (OFC), 1/0ga. OFC Knu Konceptz Kolossus Kandy everywhere else.

Oh and heres a pic of my voltage at idling after driving around for about 45 minutes with system on, and at start up I see 14.4/14.3 but it's always higher at start up, I've never hit below 12.9 and only once while messin around testing to see at what point I'd have too much drop. My CT1400 is rated at 12.8v anyways but daily scenario even near full tilt It usually stays at 14v and will drop to 13.8 occasionally on some low notes. So I'm excited to see the help/stability the big 3 adds!

EDIT/Clarification: When I took this pick my head unit and amp was on but not playing

IMG_20140925_075914_zpswfgtntmd.jpg

That's like identical voltage as mine, with around the same RMS. Except for some reason, mine occasionaly spikes up around 14.6-14.7 when driving with no system.... The big 3 sure did help out immensely, even with just a 1100A front battery and 850A rear battery. It's also cool that these Explorer's have like a 130A alternator from the factory, bigger than cars :)

Yeah the high 3 helped out alot it keeps me at a higher voltage for sure! The 130a stock alt is nice! That's cause of the tow package I think! With voltage spikes I get them also but im pretty site that just when the alt kicks in to charge the battery, like at start up its higher because the alt is charging the battery, I will be adding a couple batteries before too too long tho, all I have is a regular under the hood battery and voltage isn't bad so far so I can wait to see it as I keep adding and beefing up electrical!!! I hope/wish CT sounds will make amps with red LEDs!!! A CT 7k that's black with red LEDs!! That'd be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick on the lvl 6!! I like their 3k and 4ks there black but still stupid blue LEDs!!! "You're killin me smalls!!!!" Lol that's to Coleman lol c'mon man lets get some red LED lit amps!! Or even no LED in it so we can just put our own in around the amp or under it to light it up cause I LOVE the Plexiglas backs they come with!!!

Thinking about it I don't think I ever posted pics of my amps, they are just here for temp until I build my amp rack, I have Sky High 8g speaker wire i just that that 12g hooked up in the pic to test it these pics are old, I'll try to get a new one today!

IMG_20140404_164248_zpsewt6akph.jpg

IMG_20140404_205015_zpsorynjmil.jpg

Dat 18" sub next to that big of a rim looks like such a smaller sub, lmao.

Anyways,m good to see some work getting done!

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Dat 18" sub next to that big of a rim looks like such a smaller sub, lmao.

Anyways,m good to see some work getting done!

Lolol I know right them 32s make the 18" lvl 6 look like a 10" lvl 2 next to them! And yeah FINALLY gettin some stuff done on the ride thank God! Slowly but surly! Ill do alot of electrical upgrades over the fall/winter and by spring at latest ill have the lvl 6 hooked up! Not sure what amp ill upgrade to but whatever I can get a good deal on, new or used so im keeping my eyes pealed! Im thinking a 3.5k so its not TOO expensive and then when I can afford it I can add a second one! But if I can get a good deal on a 5k that's what I'd really like! Ahhhh what I could do with a bigger budget! Lololol

Archived