Second Skin Audio

Box ideal for 2 4" computer full range woofer

boostin302

yes i know. its not your normal box design lol, but the stock sub i have for my comp is junk.

i bought 2 faitalPRO 4' full range woofers from parts-express.com and looking for help in designing a box for these. They'll be powered by a 75w amp and i have basically have unlimited room for a box.

Here are the woofers. http://www.parts-express.com/faitalpro-4fe35-4-professional-full-range-woofer-4-ohm--294-1123

if you look to the right of them, there is a PDF for all the specs on them but i dont see a recommand box enclosure size or anything.

So how do we turn some little woofers into sounding like a 150+ (ish) system lol. Tline? bandpass?

if i had a recommanded box specs i could do it myself but i'm just left with parameters of them.

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

If I were to build a box for two of them I would go sealed. About half a cubic foot for both. Set you x over to around 200 hz. 75 watts should be enough for both speakers. If you wanted to try ported I would do a quarter cube box for each. You'll need to keep it under RMS (30watts) for each speaker in this alignment. Closer to 15 watts would probably be better. There is a third option since it has a high QTS you could run them open baffle but you will need a HP filter so they don't exceed their xmax. If your looking for usable output below 100hz you got the wrong drivers.

Are you using them to replace a woofer in a comp set?

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I recommend a 2:1 fourth order bandpass box. 2 cubic feet sealed and 4 ported tuned to 30hz. (full range speakers love the lows)

I think you are very confused.

6cubic feet box for 2 4 inch woofers? I guess you are joking, but next time put a smiley behind each sentence.

I wouldn't recommend a tline for those drivers.

How are your box building skills?

What are your goals?

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

If you look on the Parts Express page it gives recommended sealed or ported boxes for them. Its towards the bottom of the list of specs.

Given their high QTS, I'd put em in a sealed box, FYI.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

i totally did not see the recommand box size when i posted this. i apologize and appreciate all the help.

box building skills... 2 years of wood shop in high school and a year of cabinet making in a trade school.

goals of this... hmmm, not to get to pissed off once i relieze that i purchased the wrong ones for a setup i want and throw them across the room lol..

i was going to use one to replace a blown woofer in a speaker set that i had purchased but decided to just get 2 instead and build a new box for them.

Since the materials that are needed to build a enclosure for these are on the cheap side.(only taking roughly 1/8 out of a normal sheet of MDF), then i can afforded to play around with different size of enclosures and really learn what works best.

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/143943-2001-mustang-gt-system-rebuild-box-build-pics-updated-61512/

2001 Ford Mustang GT

4.6 SOHC 380HP

270 amp Mechman alt

2 12" Treo SSX custom built.

6.47 cu ft, tuned to 32Hz

2 hifonics Brutus 2400.1, strapped

1 optima yellow top

1 Kinetic HC1800

14.4v @ 29Hz, 2k RPM

over 100ft 1/0 XS flex wire

Big 3 in 1/0

100sq ft fatmat deadener

145.3 on music, 142.6 sealed on music

Stop being a pussy and wall it off.

I hate when my google breaks too

I think the usps must be ran by a bunch of drunk ass oriental midget monkey's on methamphetamines.

Archived