How much power can I run through 10gauge wire

Right on, i like the idea of larger wire then reducing to small from each sub. But most say your good. What the Hell do i know! lol I tend to over kill it! ha ha

Many people run 4 guage tool maker 4ga outputs to distro blocks or w.e to the subs. Mainly because its easier. Trying to fit alot of 12ga or smaller wires into the amp otherwise is a pain. Some do it for looks, some for spl w.e..

Its not a terrible idea at all. The question is it necessary?? For most ppl, Not really. But there a def some advantages.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I Agree!

03lancerupgrade3021_zps2f37eb67.jpg

RF 0 awg with reducer in the T1500, not needed but like i said i do over kill for peice of mind. But each his own.

Through 10guage wiring you can easily put over 5kW of power with the short wiring we use in car audio. (even 12 guage wiring will easily handle up to 3kW)

The biggest wire used in pro audio is 10 guage and that's over a distance of over 300 feet sometimes with 2-3kW.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Thanks man in swapping my build out and starting my wall all amps and batts will be in the bed in a toolbox I'm running 8 gauge from amp through cab into box and first sub then using the 10 gauge to connect all the rest

8 sundown sa 12s walled
Saz3000 at .5
HO alt
All ofc Sky high wire
Alpine components
Rockford power mids

imagesCAA9EA5N_zps0f411022.jpga5ec9a01-b60c-4312-9001-236b48dfe6b0_zpsb01ef146-7fd0-47c3-90e9-f1a2d4595b03_zpsimagesCATNMRMV_zps66a8566a.jpg

Archived