Sundown Audio

taramps

MACnonsence6

well yes over all but my price is 860 ish not what hes paying.

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

thats about what my budget is gonna be for an amp im trying to stay away from the 1k range and all the used dc 5ks are 1200. i dont even know what kinda power they make at .5

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Just to be clear, when I say clamping I mean jo schmo clamping not actually find phase angle clamping. I thought that was inplied of course 99% ppl do it the wrong way.

My point was that even though there has been the right way for 50 years, technology like the ad1 is just now getting to the hobby making it easier for the jo schmo to do.

But the wrong way is still more common. You see it everywhere. Why? Because ppl are cheap and dont wanna buy an expensive power clamp meter that can do it the right way. Or dont know how. Or dont have an am1 or ad1 or w.e

All im saying is that if guy x clamps his 5k pulling down into the 11s on a decent supply and he clamps the wrong way and gets 5600w..

Saying that's it's wrong ok your right.

Saying that his 5600w is actually half aka 2300w..

Umm no. Pulling a decent supply down into 11s takes more than 2300w. Might be 4k might be 3500 might be 4500w

WHO KNOWS, but running around telling ppl they make half is just as wrong as clamping the wrong way..

The guy claiming half has no idea what the real power factor is and neither does the guy clamping his amps the wrong way lmao.

Tar amps ftw.

Edit: and if you are gonna compare clamping the wrong way to the ad1 or similar

Its all relative to the supply. You mean to tell me the 5k amp on a 3 battery bench clamped 3000w versus 5600w clamped the wrong way in a truck with 10 batteries an alternator????

No duh theres a big gigantic 50% difference.

Keep the supply the same. Pull the truck up to the dyno. Then you will know the true percentage of error.

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Just to be clear, when I say clamping I mean jo schmo clamping not actually find phase angle clamping. I thought that was inplied of course 99% ppl do it the wrong way.

My point was that even though there has been the right way for 50 years, technology like the ad1 is just now getting to the hobby making it easier for the jo schmo to do.

But the wrong way is still more common. You see it everywhere. Why? Because ppl are cheap and dont wanna buy an expensive power clamp meter that can do it the right way. Or dont know how. Or dont have an am1 or ad1 or w.e

All im saying is that if guy x clamps his 5k pulling down into the 11s on a decent supply and he clamps the wrong way and gets 5600w..

Saying that's it's wrong ok your right.

Saying that his 5600w is actually half aka 2300w..

Umm no. Pulling a decent supply down into 11s takes more than 2300w. Might be 4k might be 3500 might be 4500w

WHO KNOWS, but running around telling ppl they make half is just as wrong as clamping the wrong way..

The guy claiming half has no idea what the real power factor is and neither does the guy clamping his amps the wrong way lmao.

Tar amps ftw.

To my knowledge, no one said that incorrect clamping is always 50% off every time forever. What I said was that it can be up to 50% off and.... it can.

And current draw isn't a reliable indicator of what kind of power an amp is producing. The amp could be hot, at a half or lower ohm load, inefficient or any combination of the above.

Also, 50% off from say, 5000 watts is 7500 or 2500... not 10,000. So when we say that clamping can be up to 50% off we're not talking about 50% of the number calculated using the wrong method, we're talking about 50% off from the actual number. So if an improper clamp test arrives at 8K and is 50% off from what the actual wattage is, then we're talking about ~5500 watts, not 4000.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

i wish people around me were kool enough to run big power so i could actually check out dc vs ab and such. ik there here cause of team def j tnespl but idk how to contact any of the members

thats about what my budget is gonna be for an amp im trying to stay away from the 1k range and all the used dc 5ks are 1200. i dont even know what kinda power they make at .5

They shouldn't be used under .5 ohms, just like any other amp.

These amps are a little more sensitive if you connect a low load to them.

If you want to buy one of these amps, don't buy it directly from the country of origin.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

if i do go with taramps ill get the hd8k2ohm model that makes power at 2ohm / i wouldnt buy it directly from brazil id like to have the warenty in case somehting goes bad and be able to get it fixed semi locally

Here in Brazil it costs R$1800 Reais = $ 769 Dollar

Hey man, its funny to see the guys here on SMD using Taramps isnt it? lol !

Its the first amp that is cheaper on Brazil then it is on the US

To you guys, taramps makes a lot of power, but its no where near where you guys are used to about SQ

Archived