Need some components to go with 80PRS

Louisiana Bass

Looking for a good set of components to replace my stock door speakers in a 2004 Civic Coupe EX. I already have a good HU ordered, and the sub-stage is taken care of. All I have left to do is work on the Mids and Highs, so if someone could be of some help, that would be great. I have very little experience working with components as I've only really done sub-stage builds. Currently, my equipment is as follows:

HU- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Sub Amp- SQ1200D

Substage- 2 Sundown Audio SA-10D4s.

I'll also be needing an amp to go along with the front-stage, but that'll have to wait for about another 2-4 weeks.

I'd like to get the best component set that I can that would work well with the 80PRS. Budget is no more than $200, but less if possible. After figuring out which components I'll be running, I'll have to find an amp that can push them appropriately. I'll also be upgrading the electrical before I try to run anything more than the substage amp. Thanks for taking the time to read this guys, and I appreciate the help.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

Wow, ur still alive! LOL

Alright, what do you expect out of your speakers?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Wow, ur still alive! LOL

Alright, what do you expect out of your speakers?

Yeah, it's been a while. Got out of car audio when I started college, and this will be my first system since the 2 grossly under-powered lvl5 18's.

Like I said, I've never messed with front stage so I don't know what to expect. I guess I just want them to sound good and to be loud enough to keep up with substage right now and possibly later on if I decide to upgrade to a larger/more powerful sub setup. I'd like to be able to run between 75-125rms to each as well. I was thinking about running a CT 125.4.

Check out SQ120.4. Powerful am and a great price. And as far as components, CT, SA components, maybe even T1 set from rockford could work.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

What happened to your brother?!?

He's still doing fine. Both of us have been out of the car audio scene since around the end of 2011. I'm getting back into it now that I can afford to do everything right. The only reason I'm not spending more is that I'm not really sure how much longer I plan to keep the car.

And I was actually looking at that SQ120.4 last night, it seems like it would do well and isn't too expensive. Just need to figure out which comp set to run now.

I've heard good things about the jbl ms-62c's. In my daily I'm running some hertz hsk165s on an ampere audio 125.4 and it sounds great

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

You check the for sale section, might be some good deals on there.

I'm going to assume you want a comp set that you will be able to play a nice wife freq range so you don't have any gaps and still get loud.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I'm thinking I'll go with either these

https://www.woofersetc.com/p-8297-t1652-s-rockford-fosgate-65-2-way-component-system.aspx

or these

https://www.woofersetc.com/p-11036-sa-65cs-sundown-audio-65-2-way-component-speakers.aspx

Can anyone tell me the pros/cons of each of these, I can't decide which to chose and would like to get these ordered as soon as possible. Would be running on 125rms x 4.

Archived