gckless Posted March 8, 2014 Author Report Posted March 8, 2014 No need to tune that low. A proper box tunned to 30 will be fine. You cannot expect a graph to say how itll play in the truck. It could be completly opposite. My truck, box tunned to 32hz.. Was killing 14hz ( when i started with 6 10s) By the time i got the port to where i liked it i was tunned around 38hz... Yet Still able to smash 25hz for fun. Every vehicle will respond differntly I don't expect the response curve in-vehicle to look like that. But these plots are definitely a solid way to see where to build a first box for a vehicle. Am I going to have to build another box to get it to where I like it? Very possibly. Won't know until I get it in and start testing. Tuning this low isn't so I can play 12Hz. It's so the entire frequency range that I'm asking this sub to play is smoother. This sub reacts differently than others. If you tune any higher than 28Hz, the upper 30's into the low 40's get extremely peaky. This sub will also work well in a very wide range of box sizes. The tuning and basically everything I have spewed has come directly from TaylorFade or Ronal Murphy, the sub engineer and owner of Tantric Sounds. They've done tests, they're telling me it's gonna wreck shit, so I'm rollin with it "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
TeamHT Posted March 8, 2014 Report Posted March 8, 2014 Only choice at this point is build it, meter it, I think everyone here can at least respect that. I've never played with the SHDs (but I will very soon) but maybe the low tuning will help flatten frequency response. Who knows, acoustics is like that. But if Murphy and Taylor advise so then it must have merit. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
n8ball2013 Posted March 8, 2014 Report Posted March 8, 2014 There really is no one who's played with the 24s either it's a whole new ball game.so he's gonna end up being a guinea pig to some extent THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
TeamHT Posted March 8, 2014 Report Posted March 8, 2014 Taylor and Hank I think are the only ones, so yeah not a lot of exposure of use with these. I'm excited, just my personal tastes but I could never go with a sub this big. I just hope OP can build and take pictures and then videos. Let's go isn't it done yet? Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
gckless Posted March 8, 2014 Author Report Posted March 8, 2014 There really is no one who's played with the 24s either it's a whole new ball game.so he's gonna end up being a guinea pig to some extent That's half the reason I wanted to go with this. I love to do things other people really aren't. Basically drove my current PR build. Taylor and Hank I think are the only ones, so yeah not a lot of exposure of use with these. I'm excited, just my personal tastes but I could never go with a sub this big. I just hope OP can build and take pictures and then videos. Let's go isn't it done yet? Taylor and Hank, I think there's one or two others. I know at least one other person planning a build using two of these in a wall as well. Don't worry, everything will be well documented. Hoping to have this done in time for Heat Wave in Austin. Unfortunately, the SHD motors won't be in for another two months or so "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
TeamHT Posted March 8, 2014 Report Posted March 8, 2014 I know, I'm waiting too, lol Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
gckless Posted July 3, 2014 Author Report Posted July 3, 2014 Well, figured I'd update. Basically finished: Couple small things that bother me, but decent overall. Now just waiting on the sub to get here. "Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand. My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/ High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography
White Lightning Posted July 3, 2014 Report Posted July 3, 2014 No need to tune that low. A proper box tunned to 30 will be fine.After having an enclosure tuned to 24 htz, I think he will do just fine ... Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado "The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually" Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet) Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch
youngbass98 Posted July 3, 2014 Report Posted July 3, 2014 haha can't wait to see this thing move 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
FocusOn20s Posted July 4, 2014 Report Posted July 4, 2014 Gil, I may have to drive to San Antonio and hear this once it's up and running Shit's gonna be nuts Then I'll let you hear the three MD's lol
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.