Down side of large rims on sedans fwd? No hating please..gtfo if ur gonna hate

Even if you do a different caliper you aren't gaining much but maybe a few mm in clamping piston and very little actual clamping force. Especially if it fits in the same bracket. My calipers are enormous compared to the factories

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I do want to do the 24s..I mean big ass rims would look real nice ive seen some in my generation on 24s and I really like em..but I think ima just going to do 22s because im already having to replace the cv axles on 18s..but its ok I have lifetime warranty on the axles..my new ceramic pads and the rotors and even my lower control arms..which were all common suspension issues in this year fwd chevy from what ive been hearing and reading..and the guy who said impalas are basically 4dr monte carlos..your dead on man..thats a very true statement...same engines and suspensions on difference is the frame and cabin .

You will be pleased with the 22s!! Will fill the wheel well and look plenty big with the right rim choice.... as far as the drivetrain it will only be as you drive it... if you try to smash on the gas and abuse the gas pedal racing and shit then yes, your shit will fuck up lol but if your easy on the gas, brake early, basically drive with sense you will be FINE!!! ... and BTW, I had 18s also and the drive quality wasn't off by much... ONLY because I had a lower profile is the ONLY reason I felt the difference... other then that, they both rode good.. its all about getting the right offset and the right tires!!! if you try to put adapters and all that extra shit to make wheels fit then thats where you begin to fuck up... get the right bolt pattern, the right offset, the right width and a "thick" enough low profile like a 35 (can't remember exactly if thats what I had but thats PLENTY of tire) on 22s with that car, you'll be fine... Here's my MC on 22s (damn i miss my baby :( )

facebook_1177778978_zps643115e9.jpg

Damn looks pretty clean man and looks like a good size to fit..did you do any modifications like bend the spring cup up or anything? Yea I see what youre talking about as far as the adapters..you do that and then you got a 1/4 inch less for the lugs to grab on to ..all bad..its not sitting too high... also what happened to the car.? Sold crashed stolen?

You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries

I do want to do the 24s..I mean big ass rims would look real nice ive seen some in my generation on 24s and I really like em..but I think ima just going to do 22s because im already having to replace the cv axles on 18s..but its ok I have lifetime warranty on the axles..my new ceramic pads and the rotors and even my lower control arms..which were all common suspension issues in this year fwd chevy from what ive been hearing and reading..and the guy who said impalas are basically 4dr monte carlos..your dead on man..thats a very true statement...same engines and suspensions on difference is the frame and cabin .

You will be pleased with the 22s!! Will fill the wheel well and look plenty big with the right rim choice.... as far as the drivetrain it will only be as you drive it... if you try to smash on the gas and abuse the gas pedal racing and shit then yes, your shit will fuck up lol but if your easy on the gas, brake early, basically drive with sense you will be FINE!!! ... and BTW, I had 18s also and the drive quality wasn't off by much... ONLY because I had a lower profile is the ONLY reason I felt the difference... other then that, they both rode good.. its all about getting the right offset and the right tires!!! if you try to put adapters and all that extra shit to make wheels fit then thats where you begin to fuck up... get the right bolt pattern, the right offset, the right width and a "thick" enough low profile like a 35 (can't remember exactly if thats what I had but thats PLENTY of tire) on 22s with that car, you'll be fine... Here's my MC on 22s (damn i miss my baby :( )

Damn looks pretty clean man and looks like a good size to fit..did you do any modifications like bend the spring cup up or anything? Yea I see what youre talking about as far as the adapters..you do that and then you got a 1/4 inch less for the lugs to grab on to ..all bad..its not sitting too high... also what happened to the car.? Sold crashed stolen?

If I'm not mistaken 9" is perfect! I think they put a spring booster on the rear from what they told me but I looked and there wasn't any... its mild modificaton that any rim shop can do.... I ended up selling her like a dumbass because I wanted something new... it was my first car EVER and I bought out my own money and was bone stock... I did everything to it... aftermarket fog lights w/ HID .. HID hi/low beam ... tint, eyelids on the headlights, blacked out tail lights, blacked out emblems, system, remote start ... EVERYTHING lol ... i had it for 6yrs and didn't know what it was like to have another car and I regret it till this day (seeing that I have a damn car note lol) but its all good... I'm hooking up my altima to be a bad bitch too... getting my staggered 20s next week!

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

If I'm not mistaken 9" is perfect! I think they put a spring booster on the rear from what they told me but I looked and there wasn't any... its mild modificaton that any rim shop can do.... I ended up selling her like a dumbass because I wanted something new... it was my first car EVER and I bought out my own money and was bone stock... I did everything to it... aftermarket fog lights w/ HID .. HID hi/low beam ... tint, eyelids on the headlights, blacked out tail lights, blacked out emblems, system, remote start ... EVERYTHING lol ... i had it for 6yrs and didn't know what it was like to have another car and I regret it till this day (seeing that I have a damn car note lol) but its all good... I'm hooking up my altima to be a bad bitch too... getting my staggered 20s next week!

I see you bro..yea I always liked the look of that generation altimas..should look good staggered..as far as spring cups well see if I need em I guess..I was thinkin for 24s change the springs altogether but since ive decided on 22s probably just stick those kits on the springs that keep the spring from flexing too much so I dnt scrape on road dips on the freeway..ill see what I need once I get the rims..I do have a impact wrench so compressing the springs wnt be such a bitch for me..id just rent the compressor tool and hit it with the impact wrench to compress. Hmm back only huh..thing is I dnt want my car all dipping to the front..yours dont look tilted though..idk but whatever they did to it it looks good.

I see you bro..yea I always liked the look of that generation altimas..should look good staggered..as far as spring cups well see if I need em I guess..I was thinkin for 24s change the springs altogether but since ive decided on 22s probably just stick those kits on the springs that keep the spring from flexing too much so I dnt scrape on road dips on the freeway..ill see what I need once I get the rims..I do have a impact wrench so compressing the springs wnt be such a bitch for me..id just rent the compressor tool and hit it with the impact wrench to compress. Hmm back only huh..thing is I dnt want my car all dipping to the front..yours dont look tilted though..idk but whatever they did to it it looks good.

Dont worry about scraping.. thats an easy fix... roll fenders! it'll be diffent if you were going aggressive like I am now.... then you would have to worry about ever other variable like fender roll and pull, slight camber, tire stretch etc. as long as you get the 9" wide which is factory width and if you roll your fenders you definitely wont scrape. Nevermind ol dude "HELP!" he probably ride stock 16s and think everybody with rims is a moron or some shit lol its your money, spend it how you want... fuck the haters! and BTW Thanks bro, my staggered setup is gonna be clean AF! pics coming next week haha

2011 Nissan Altima aka Red Ruby

HEADUNIT: Pioneer AVH X2700BS

ELECTRICAL:

-Singer 230a

-Northstar gr34

-(2) Northstar SMS220 w/ Custom Terminals from 12V Metalworkz

-100% Welding Cable

FRONT STAGE:
-(2 Sets) Hertz HSK165

-Hertz HSK130

-Ampere Audio 125.4

SUB STAGE:

-(3) Sundown Audio SA REV2 12's

-Ampere Audio 3800.1 V2

MISC (NON AUDIO RELATED):

-Interior & Exterior Lights LED

-Gloss Black Roof (PAINTED)

-15% Front, 5% Rear Tint

-Roof Spoiler

-20" TSW Snettertons (20x8.5 front, 20x10 rear)

-Custom Projector Retrofit (FX-R 3.0, 6.5k HID, Morimoto Mini H1 (faux projector), Quad Starry Night Halos) ----- COMING SOON!!

-Aftermarket Fog Lights

-Custom Painted Engine Covers

My Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169869-woods-2011-altima-aka-red-ruby-new-video-more-updates/page-109

Retrofit Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/185787-hid-projector-retrofitting-diy-by-wood/#entry2765346

People swap mazdaspeed brakes over to mazda 3's all the time, huge difference, but cheaper than an aftermarket setup. There's other ways, you just gotta make sure to do it right.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

my younger brother had the same model impala on 22's and 24s. 24s and up you at jacking up the cv joints and stuff. 22s are the biggest id go 24 at most.

yeah I wanted 24s but started leanin towards 22s..but if it jacks up my cv axles its all good they both got lifetime warranty..along with the control arms lifetime..I gotta do these tierod ends asap tho the boots are torn up..once I do the tierods I can align them as best I can and then take it in to get a professional alignment..I definitely need it..front tires are getting jacked up and it pulls hard to the right.

Funny how people say the speedo reads lower than actual.

I switched my Focus to the digital speedometer. The tach said that I was going 61-62 but the digital read 59.

Ridin 225/30/20s on my Focus but I also drive very careful.

24s on the Impala shouldn't really cause you any real problems besides turn radius and braking.

Archived