Second Skin Audio

Custom subs, no TSP's, help please

ParDeus

So, I've got 2 Corey Dean specials- 12", Havoc motors with Zv4 softies, dual 10" spiders, titanium baskets, 4 layer flatwound with the black high temp coating.

My computer doesn't work with my DATS, so I'm sort of lost. It looks like these will be coming out of my car, and going in the Tundra.

Now, I wanted to do a 4th, but that is pretty hard without the TSP's.

Does anyone with custom sub experience have any ideas on what parameters tend to remain constant with a custom sub?

Taking this into account, could I get some ideals specs on an enclosure? (it's ok if you get some on your shoes, as pissing in the wind sucks)

I'd like to build a ported enclosure and a 4th, to start testing with. Size is, well, behind the front seats of an extended cab Tundra. Power will be around 2200-3k for now.

Also, what would you rate the power handling of these at? I'm anal about not clipping, and do my best to only play clean music.

Thanks guys...

If you are going to be putting them in a 4th order I'd really try to find a way to get actual T/S measurements off them. You could borrow someone's laptop to run your DATS with or something.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

If you are going to be putting them in a 4th order I'd really try to find a way to get actual T/S measurements off them. You could borrow someone's laptop to run your DATS with or something.

Let's assume for overall educational purposes that I can't, what is the general effect of doing a custom sub? Can we assumes my Fs to be under 40hz?

Let's assume for overall educational purposes that I can't, what is the general effect of doing a custom sub? Can we assumes my Fs to be under 40hz?

You need no more than some free phone or PC software a resistor, multimeter, cable and your amp to get some reasonably close numbers at least if your subs have some break in.

You need no more than some free phone or PC software a resistor, multimeter, cable and your amp to get some reasonably close numbers at least if your subs have some break in.

Care to expand on this, sir? I'm liking where this is going...

Spl audio builds some sick shit.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Archived