Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Single Kicker L7 15" on a Hifonics Brutus 2400.1D


Rehawk1

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a 2001 Chevy 1500 project truck, I have pulled the back seat and ordered a single ported box online untill I find out what box i want to build. Im planning on going with 6 15" L7 if I can get enough air space and running 1 Brutus to each. What im asking is is that a good idea or should I go a different route?

Posted

I have a 2001 Chevy 1500 project truck, I have pulled the back seat and ordered a single ported box online untill I find out what box i want to build. Im planning on going with 6 15" L7 if I can get enough air space and running 1 Brutus to each. What im asking is is that a good idea or should I go a different route?

sounds legit to me..

do it....

Posted

That is another question, as of now i had a lanzar 50 farad cap in my shop so i put it in with the hifonics Brutus and just that 1 amp hooked to the single L7 15 wired to 2 ohms drops me down to 12.4 volts from 14.6 it was dropping below 11 volts thats why i just threw the cap in I know many ppl do not believe in caps but in this case it actually helped me. So the 6 Brutus running a L7 each will be a good combo thats awesome, I have already ordered a 3 alt bracket and now deciding what alts I need and how many batteries. Ill have to figure in positioning (most likely the bed for the batteries) and now im kicking designs around for my box, sealed or ported though?

Posted

I have owned the 1700/2100 &2400 brutus. The 1700 and 2400 randomly took a crap,the 2100 still works. ALL of them dropped my voltage like a bitch. The efficiancy is just crap. Matter of fact,the. Brutus 2400 dropped my voltage in the low 13's as my soundqubed 3500.1 which is rated at 4k+ above 14v only droped to mid 13's i also have a 220a alt and 3 124ah batts. More power and less voltage drop. If you are planning on going with 6 hifonics,you will need a rediculous amount of power on tap for 6 brutus 2400's. Trust me i been there already. Its not fun When one amp only does 1500rms but drops the voltage like a sundown ns1. you will save money going with good amps.

Posted

If you could pull the airspace then sure, 6 l7 15's would kick ass. Amp choice is "meh" at best. TERRIBLY efficient. CT Sounds 1400.1 or Sundown SAZ-1500dv3 are nicer options. You'll nab 1800w a piece out of all of those amps... Just how they create that 1800w is the thing

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

IMO you can get just as good subs if not better then the L7 for cheaper or about the same but yo each there own. But amp wise I will say you can get much better that is more efficient and will sound better with those L7's then those hifonics.

Also no matter what amps u use I hope you have the electrical to back them up in your car.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Posted

Ok I only ordered 1 Brutus cause i wanted to see how it pushed the L7 wired to 2 ohms, I pushed it hard today and the amp shut off in protection mode and that bothered me. Im running 0 gauge power and ground and all connections are solid. The amp "should" be pushing 1700 watts with a 2 ohm load and the sub should hold 2000 watts and I didnt hear it push too far it was hard and solid them just quit and the amp should handle a 1 ohm load and wasnt hot. Im not sure what im going to do honestly i bought the truck from my brother n law for $700.00 and i have gutted the interior and started to put in sound deadening material i know i want to go big, loud, and nasty and have been looking online at subs,amps, ect and was impressed with L7 that I saw and always loved hifonics amps when i was younger cause they were tough but there are so many new things out now im open to thoughts and suggestions.

Posted

Honestly, if I were you, I'd start very slowly and take the time to do a lot of researches, read people's feedbacks, think about how much money you're willing to spend, the right sub/amp to buy, etc. I'm telling you that it isn't gonna be cheap. Again, good luck. I'm sure there are a lot of great posters in here that will help you! I love big bass, lol. :)

Posted

You would probably be better off with 2 high end 15's or even 18's and one really good amp to push them. Running 6 low end amps is asking for issues, not to mention having to try and tune all the amps close enough to each other to run the subs at equal power. Sounds like a headache.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3268 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...