Chevelle "Rust-City B***h" Full Floorpan Replacement rebuild-log: "How-to" and Advice/Questions too

Ok, it's been needing this for a while now. Got the full 1-piece floor w/ crossbraces and inner rockers from JEGS ($570 shipped to my door, even with truck freight)

This is like a build-log sort of in-case anyone is interested or looking for help themselves. I will always have questions myself hopefully somebody might be able to answer. I know this isn't the chevelle forums, but there's still some knowledgeable guys here. I'm also going to video it since that's really what I wished had been out there, without cutting all the steps out though.

Started pulling up the carpets today, here's what it looks like ATM:

020_zps16419471.jpg

021_zps5ea3fadd.jpg

022_zps547d4fe3.jpg

023_zpsbfea8149.jpg

024_zps640454b3.jpg

025_zpsf48ecea1.jpg

027_zpsf833ec57.jpg

028_zpsb7cb0c31.jpg

029_zpsa9739eb8.jpg

030_zps11128afe.jpg

031_zps1c5b7dd8.jpg

032_zps1fabf352.jpg

038_zps50cebd5c.jpg

040_zps582e1b5b.jpg

Keeping bolts and screws labeled for later :)

041_zpsce0bea53.jpg

042_zps7d8923cc.jpg

043_zpsf9bd5593.jpg

044_zps3640edb5.jpg

045_zps6fca16e0.jpg

046_zpsb9551b65.jpg

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

047_zps5bcdc203.jpg

Salvaged most of the carpet :)

048_zpsda32c699.jpg

Won't be reusing that carpet though, but I checked online and a new set is like $170 so I might try to sell it for like $30 at the pomona swap, it's 98% complete, just one corner is cut and a small bit of insulation had to be tossed because it was rotted and molded.

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

Bout the same thing I'm doing with my 49 Ford. Carefully cut out all of the bad and replace with new.

I'm basically using a die grinder with a cutting wheel for the most part.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Smart to label bolts. Wish I would have done that for a lot of my projects.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Bout the same thing I'm doing with my 49 Ford. Carefully cut out all of the bad and replace with new.

I'm basically using a die grinder with a cutting wheel for the most part.

Thankfully I've given myself lots of room for error, no careful cutting needed in the floor since it's a 1-piece pan w/ inner rockers and crossbraces :)

At least not until I get to the edges that is lol. I'm not looking forward to all the drilling I'm going to have to do on the old spot welds to get the rockers apart.

And at this point I have no clue is the current outer rockers are going to be good enough to use. So fingers crossed on that lol.

I grabbed a ryobi with a 4" cutoff wheel. I don't have any air to use, so this project will definitely be fun with no air tool power :D If it gets too bad I'll have to go to my bosses house and use his.

I missed Alan.

Smart to label bolts. Wish I would have done that for a lot of my projects.

Lol yeah, since they've spent 40 years corroding and twisting and morphing independently to the frame and stuff, you gotta keep the same ones for the same holes while you plan to keep using them lol.

I missed Alan.

Ever finish that sub of yours?

Lol, I had the ghetto version up for a while, I am waiting for the last part, should be here next week. I got the other parts in from jacob on monday night.

I missed Alan.

Jegs has some nice stuff for that Chevelle! local business here in Columbus go there often!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12