I'd have to say THE BEST loud speaker

It would be amazing if that amp has a higher dampening factor then all the amps combined I have at the moment, let alone the ones I've owned.

Too bad the dampening factor isn't al that important. Can you remember the amp brand name?

Your experience would've been nicer if it wasn't at a guy's place that thinks he can hear the difference between a 10dollar speaker cable or a 1000dollar one. (several grand in wiring will not benifit anything)

The CD-player and how the music is recorded is so much more important.

Was it the B&W 804,803,802 or which speakers?

Was the room acousticaly treated?

That's what i've been saying, you don't need thousands of watts to get (very) loud.

Just because it's rated at 150W, doesn't mean it does a lot more, especially if you include headroom.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

This is what I hate about home audio stuff, it always turns into an elitist pissing match that some say is overpriced and that you can't tell any difference blah blah blah.

I think it's awesome to be able to reproduce a recording that accurately and if that is your goal then it's up to you to determine what is overpriced and what isn't. I am really jealous that you got to listen to such an awesome setup that I have never and probably will never witness.

It wasn't even his system so I don't know why some of you are ripping on him for so and so being overpriced or a gimmick. Lay off for a sec damn.

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

It would be amazing if that amp has a higher dampening factor then all the amps combined I have at the moment, let alone the ones I've owned.

Too bad the dampening factor isn't al that important. Can you remember the amp brand name?

Your experience would've been nicer if it wasn't at a guy's place that thinks he can hear the difference between a 10dollar speaker cable or a 1000dollar one. (several grand in wiring will not benifit anything)

That's what i've been saying, you don't need thousands of watts to get (very) loud.

Just because it's rated at 150W, doesn't mean it does a lot more, especially if you include headroom.

It wasn't at a guys place, it was at his retail store that hes owned for 35+ years. This was the tip of the iceberg while I was there. I listened to dozens of spaeker set ups and different stereos, this was just the best one. It was the 800 series if I remember correctly. I do not know if he had any type of treatement to the rooms, I know he was talking about when they had it built, they had made walls thicker than usual, didn't say if he used any specific materials though. I do not remember the name exactly, but he was saying that the designer of it was one of the main designers at B&W, or was one of them. And to what you said about the difference in $10 wire to $1000 wire. I can tell the difference in cheap, to high grade easily. Now I am sure what he has is sold that high partly because of the name.

This is what I hate about home audio stuff, it always turns into an elitist pissing match that some say is overpriced and that you can't tell any difference blah blah blah.

I think it's awesome to be able to reproduce a recording that accurately and if that is your goal then it's up to you to determine what is overpriced and what isn't. I am really jealous that you got to listen to such an awesome setup that I have never and probably will never witness.

It wasn't even his system so I don't know why some of you are ripping on him for so and so being overpriced or a gimmick. Lay off for a sec damn.

Happens lol, I appreciate the jealousy xD seriously man, try to find a store around you with some of their gear and check it out. So worth it.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Congratulations. Now you have a benchmark by which to judge other audio systems. The fact that most people have never heard a $40,000.00 audio system is the only reason why Amar Bose is able to sell his cheap loudspeakers along with his BS pitch that bouncing sound off every wall in the room somehow accomplishes accurate sound reproduction.

B&W has spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in the pursuit of eliminating standing waves and refraction while Amar Bose has spent millions of dollars convincing people that a shit sammich is páté.

It's also interesting that both companies take advantage of transmission line alignments. B&W uses the alignment to further improve the response of outstanding drivers and Bose uses it to make cheap full range drivers sound a little bit better...

This is the same thing my dad told me a long time ago about Bose before I was even old enough to drive a car...

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Also, bbeljefe stating B&W spent hundreds of thousands is a incredible understatement. I can see them spending that on a single component or aspect of a entire design. I mean, when your dealing with Industrial grade grown diamonds, and insanely cut precision to where each part is identical. You're dealing with way more money than that :P

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

It wasn't at a guys place, it was at his retail store that hes owned for 35+ years. This was the tip of the iceberg while I was there. I listened to dozens of spaeker set ups and different stereos, this was just the best one. It was the 800 series if I remember correctly. I do not know if he had any type of treatement to the rooms, I know he was talking about when they had it built, they had made walls thicker than usual, didn't say if he used any specific materials though. I do not remember the name exactly, but he was saying that the designer of it was one of the main designers at B&W, or was one of them. And to what you said about the difference in $10 wire to $1000 wire. I can tell the difference in cheap, to high grade easily. Now I am sure what he has is sold that high partly because of the name.

The room wasn't soundtreated very well if you didn't notice it.

I would be more then amazed if you could hear that difference, a sound engineer that's pretty important can't hear that difference.

Also there have been enough blind testing that proved multiple people wrong who firmly believed they could hear a difference.(if you want to I can find the article, but the nice thing is that you can try it yourself)

Just get blindfolded and let someone else change the speaker wire/RCA's, offcourse for the RCA's you don't choose the cheapest and compare to the most expensive one, just 25$ RCA's to 1000 dollar interconnects and you won't hear a damn difference. (I just don't want people to believe in all that nonsense and waste money on unimportant stuff)

I've had Van Der Hul speaker wire and interconnects, it doesn't get more expensive then that, and there was no difference at all between their wire and just a decent size speaker wire or 50$ RCA's. (at the time i had them connected to the B&W 802 which I've briefly owned)

I hope you can listen to the Nautilus series or the 800 diamond series with a 1000W amplifier behind it, that's when you'll find out that SQ doesn't equal quiet.

Most important thing is a good recorded/mastered CD, and that's not that easy to find these days.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Happens lol, I appreciate the jealousy xD seriously man, try to find a store around you with some of their gear and check it out. So worth it.

McIntosh did a test with a coat hanger and expensive wire, signal was the same... They proves right their it doesn't make a difference if your gunna use a coat hanger or 1,000 RCA cables .

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

Flea market rcas are going to do the same thing , no point ever to spend a shit ton on the RCA as I stated before with the coat hanger test McIntosh did. It just proves that people are willing to spend money on things like that aimlessly from marketing sceems telling you that those high dollar RCAs are going to make it sound so much better.

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

B & W have made quality hi fi for years, love them!

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Regarding the discussion of signal cables, I remember reading an article in a home theater magazine a decade and a half ago wherein an uber expensive digital coaxial interconnect was tested against a piece of rg6 cable terminated with commonly available connectors.

There was indeed a difference in sound quality between the two. The only problem is that that difference could only be detected by looking at a very expensive RTA and even then, it was only a slight difference. At the time I was a dealer for XLO Electric and that article proved to me the psychological influence involved in people's claims that they could tell the difference between an expensive set of cables and a basic set of cables.

In the end, if you've spent a shit ton of money on expensive cables or if you have a vested financial interest in the sale of expensive cables then you're much more likely to claim you can hear the difference. Not to mention, human perception is highly subjective on top of being easily influenced by confirmation bias so... I tend to side with the RTA.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

Archived