I'd have to say THE BEST loud speaker

So I went with my dad to check out a audio shop that I have known to be there for a very long time, as long as I can remember. I looked them up online and checked out a few of the brands they carry. I didn't look into a lot of detail so when I went in I had the mindset of they would be selling stereo components for up to a few thousand a piece. After being there for around 2 1/5 hours talking with the owner and him showing us different speaker set ups. He took us into a room, that he said was the special room. He arranged two seats for me and my dad to sit in, and proceeded to set up two standing towers. It literally, sounded as if everything I heard was being played live. There was a accoustic guitar cover that I had heard, every single tap of the hand on the guitar, every little cord slide and all those tiny noises you hear when someone plays it infront of you. They where all loud and clear, crisp, and I have to add, insanely loud. After some time he asked me, guess what this set up is worth, speakers, stereo, cd player, wiring. I told him maybe $15000. I was wrong, by a long shot. Just shy of $40000. The speaker towers where 15k, stereo 8k, cd player 6k, and around several grand more in wiring. He also had a $200 device that when you put a cd on it, it took residual static away. Really improved the sound quality of a cd. The thing that really blew me away, is it was only 150w x2. This was so incredibely loud it was unbelievable. I just wanted to share this with everyone, if any of you haven't ever heard these, try too.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

800 diamonds are cool, wait until you hear a pair of Nautilus towers.

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Just looked at those. Lol what the fuck

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Congratulations. Now you have a benchmark by which to judge other audio systems. The fact that most people have never heard a $40,000.00 audio system is the only reason why Amar Bose is able to sell his cheap loudspeakers along with his BS pitch that bouncing sound off every wall in the room somehow accomplishes accurate sound reproduction.

B&W has spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in the pursuit of eliminating standing waves and refraction while Amar Bose has spent millions of dollars convincing people that a shit sammich is páté.

It's also interesting that both companies take advantage of transmission line alignments. B&W uses the alignment to further improve the response of outstanding drivers and Bose uses it to make cheap full range drivers sound a little bit better...

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

They do sound pretty nice, but still quite overpriced,

But the nautilus sounds better indeed, even though the increase is quite marginal.

The amp is very much overpriced though, and the CD static reducer is just a gimmick.(especially at 200$, you can get them much cheaper with the same result)

It's always fun listening to a new benchmark of speakers.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Now go check out Wilson Audio and Genesis Audio and Revel. And if you want top quality electronics, Mark Levinson, Cello, Krell, Audio Research, Conrad Johnson, MBL

http://www.genesisloudspeakers.com/

http://www.wilsonaudio.com/index.shtml

http://www.revelspeakers.com/Products/Details/145

Now go check out Wilson Audio and Genesis Audio and Revel. And if you want top quality electronics, Mark Levinson, Cello, Krell, Audio Research, Conrad Johnson, MBL

http://www.genesisloudspeakers.com/

http://www.wilsonaudio.com/index.shtml

http://www.revelspeakers.com/Products/Details/145

Quite a lot of overpriced , not even as good as the B&W 800 series.

If you want real live reproduction speakers you have to go to JBL.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Congratulations. Now you have a benchmark by which to judge other audio systems. The fact that most people have never heard a $40,000.00 audio system is the only reason why Amar Bose is able to sell his cheap loudspeakers along with his BS pitch that bouncing sound off every wall in the room somehow accomplishes accurate sound reproduction.

B&W has spend hundreds of thousands of dollars in the pursuit of eliminating standing waves and refraction while Amar Bose has spent millions of dollars convincing people that a shit sammich is páté.

It's also interesting that both companies take advantage of transmission line alignments. B&W uses the alignment to further improve the response of outstanding drivers and Bose uses it to make cheap full range drivers sound a little bit better...

LOL love this post dude. Can't agree anymore. I remember at my last job some guy was talking about how bose is THE best. I just laughed so hard, started naming brands he just looked at me with a blank stare.

They do sound pretty nice, but still quite overpriced,

But the nautilus sounds better indeed, even though the increase is quite marginal.

The amp is very much overpriced though, and the CD static reducer is just a gimmick.(especially at 200$, you can get them much cheaper with the same result)

It's always fun listening to a new benchmark of speakers.

That device was no gimich what so ever. There was a clear difference in when he first put the cd in, then after he had put through this device. As far as the amp being over priced. I think highly different, it was designed by the lead designer at Bowers & Wilkins, and probably has a higher damping factor than every amplifier you've woned combined. Did I forget to mention this thing was only 150w x2 and was louder than anything I have ever heard. I had to almost yell at my dad sitting next to me just for him to hear me, and there was still lots of head room. It is awesome though to have a crazy benchmark for my listening tastes now. That will never, ever be met xD

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm