chevy equinox oil consumption

definitely not the only one with the but i can't seem to pin point it

http://www.carcomplaints.com/Chevrolet/Equinox/2010/engine/

click on complaints tab and you will see your not alone

i say get rid of it a vehicle should be easy to maintain and fix this is annoying me as i can't find the fix and seeing as how many had the entire engine replaced only to have it come back so many miles later doesn't make sense

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

true lbox

i say try a compression and blow by test

otherwise i would probably get rid of it

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

They told my wife the same thing, that it's normal for the 2.4L to eat some oil and that we should check it often, which reminds me I need to check it. They half rebuilt her engine on warranty though for the timing chain and something else already.

We had the timing chain and bunch of other parts replaced already too.

So basically this is normal for Chevys?

They told my wife the same thing, that it's normal for the 2.4L to eat some oil and that we should check it often, which reminds me I need to check it. They half rebuilt her engine on warranty though for the timing chain and something else already.

We had the timing chain and bunch of other parts replaced already too.

So basically this is normal for Chevys?

pretty much. i havent run across a newer chevy yet that doesnt use oil like a crack whore hooker.

^^Yup. Check it every time you fill up for gas, top off as needed. If you keep letting it get low before you top it off, the only thing you'll succeed in doing is killing the engine. If you know it burns oil, you need to keep tabs on it

Not trying to hate on your car, but it is a Chevy. If there aren't any oil leaks and there's nothing malfunctioning in the PCV valve there's not much you can do short of ripping apart the engine

Out of curiosity, what oil do you use? I've had awesome luck with AMSOIL and Valvoline synthetic oils.

^^Yup. Check it every time you fill up for gas, top off as needed. If you keep letting it get low before you top it off, the only thing you'll succeed in doing is killing the engine. If you know it burns oil, you need to keep tabs on it

Not trying to hate on your car, but it is a Chevy. If there aren't any oil leaks and there's nothing malfunctioning in the PCV valve there's not much you can do short of ripping apart the engine

Out of curiosity, what oil do you use? I've had awesome luck with AMSOIL and Valvoline synthetic oils.

No oil leaks or smoke coming out of exhaust. We take car to the dealership for oil changes, since we had 2 years free oil changes.

i know that the cylinder deactivation in the suburbans and tahoes caused massive oil usage, but that little equinox shouldn't have that as far as i know.

Damn, I will keep an eye on mine, lol

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Just for giggles try switching to one of the brands I listed above. Go synthetic, see if that helps anything

I use Amsoil but have not run enough miles to know if it's low between oil changes yet but will keep an eye on it. thanks (I know it wasn't intended for only me)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Archived